Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

At my job we all work in cubicles.  Management likes to shake things up fairly regularly and have everyone move to a new cubicle for a variety of reasons (re-organization, lots of new employees, to break of cliques).

So we just had a major move and I've got a new cube neighbor.  He drinks very strong, dark roast coffee all morning, which I can't stand the smell of.  On the other hand, he's a major foodie, as am I, and we have great conversations about food and trade recipes, which is awesome.

How's you're work set-up? Have any great or horrible "neighbors"?  What's your ideal work environment?

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
mickstinator
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:19 PM

i work with 4 other people, so even a constant office switch wouldn't do much! haha. 

i currently have my own office, but it's set up for 2 to share. i had an office mate until last February when she left the company. 

momof2ex1
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 2:53 AM
There are 7 of us in one large office. We all wear headphones because one person ruines the atmosphere for the rest of us. One lady has chronic smokers cough, one cusses and is VERY loud, one giggles and laughs about everything, one is very quiet, one is quiet but often has lots of person calls, one doesn't bother me at all and I'm sure I annoy someone with something. I've never been told.

We are all in cubes but spread out so not too close.
And I have a window outside of mine. It's the best spot. People hate me for it lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shari55
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I am in a classroom, it is actually and open concept classroom, so no door. We have windows which is really nice to get fresh air and keep everyone happy. We all get a long for the most part.

Shari, not just a wife, mom, grandma, I teach our future generations

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 8:05 AM
My desk is surrounded by other desks at the front desk of our company. It sucks cause everyone comes in asking questions. I try to keep my back turned so I won't be bothered.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reindeergames
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I work in a cubicle as well but we do not change seats often & I do not want to lol We are split up in our building according to section so we do customer service (call center) & those people are grouped together, then there is sales (selling the customer service stuff) they are on their own side. Then there is me I am a special team on a specific campaign although when I have a break up in tasks I switch to customer service since I am employeed by the call center but am designated specifically for a specific solor campaign. 

So we are a small team of just 4 of us. The two cubicles to the left of me are empty (yay). On the right of me is another girl who is on my campaign shes nice we get along. We're around the same age & chit chat a lot although she does not work as hard as me & whines a bit more. The cubicle on her right is empty, that employee just quit, the next one down is a guy who is so funny. This guy is just a riot & sarcasm just spills out of everything he says but what he says is witty. He's just a riot. Then the last person on our team is in the next room (small room for Q&A) bc she does a bit of a different task on our team but her door is only a few feet away so we hollar back & fourth to her joking around. 

Over all my team is very light & happy & we get along great. On the other side of us is customer serivce & I love the group over there. I am always standing up chit chatting with them & we throw things at one another when the supervisor turns lol 

BEXi
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Im a barista for an independent local caffe, so no cubicles here. I basically stand behind a counter all day taking to go orders and making coffee and espresso drinks. My "neighbors" are the servers and cooks, I guess.

Lisha77
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM

We all have our own space.  They are mini offices without doors.  I can't really hear what is going on around me.  I have a new next door neighbor and she chews ice...that's about it!  :o)

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I work from home.... my work buddy is myself. :P

Andy15
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Military, Navy, I got a giant grey floating thing... no privacy, lots of mates to chat with, lots of drama, but all in all its decent.

gavansmommy
by New Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM

I have my own office but the woman in the office next to me drives me nuts.  She smacks her gum and chews with her mouth open.  She will come into my office to "chit chat" when I am swamped.  I can tell her "That is really interesting and you're right I have not taken a lunch because I have sooo much work to do".  She will stand there and bat her eyes and not get a clue!  I try not to be rude but I am not at work to socialize..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)