Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Who's watching the kids?

Posted by   + Show Post
Where are your kids when you're at work?
I wish I could make this a poll.
Do your kids go to a daycare center? An at-home daycare? Before & after care at school? Do you & SO work opposite shift to save child care costs? Do they go to a relatives house, like grandma's? Do you have a nanny?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Replies (41-49):
SarrinaRaynne
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:16 AM

I am a remote employee for my company. I have the ability to work anywhere there is an Internet connection. I generally work from home but have in the past hit a Mc Donald's when our Internet was out. I start work at 4:45 am so i feed our son at 4am then put him back to sleep. Dad will bring him downstairs when they wake up. Our son takes after me and is an early riser so usually dad brings him downstairs to me then goes back to bed. I watch our son 85% of the time... dad helps when I have client calls or busy schedule days.

Megan11587
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 7:17 AM
My mom watches him for free. I'm very lucky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:08 AM
Daycare center
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:44 AM

We work opposite shifts.  The kids go to my mother-in-laws during the time in between.

emilyrosenj
by on Aug. 20, 2012 at 5:35 PM

It depends, if it's a school day, she goes to after school enrichment, if it's a day off, I'll either work from home, she'll go to my mom and dad's or my son or bil will watch her depending on their schedules.

HotJerZMama
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:16 PM
My son goes to daycare. It works out well because the school is right in the same building where I work so I can see him during the day :). It's fun to commute together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adulation
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Lila goes to a daycare that is a preschool also. i get daycare assistance.  next week she is starting kindergarten and I am moving her to the extended day program there since the daycare now closes at 6, and I don't get off until 6.... I am nervous but I also usually get a weekday of each week so it wll be nice to get her early those days!

Mommy_Smith
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:49 AM
My son is a 3rd grader now. He goes to a daycare full time during the summer, and when they are out for holidays. He goes there before and after school too. It's expensive (I can't imagine the cost if he were an infant!) but he seems to enjoy it and has his friends that are in his grade too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
janessa27
by Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM

DH is a sahd- and it is lovely:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)