Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

The clothing brands that fit your child?

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM
  • 11 Replies
So tell me what brands fit your kiddos' build the best? Are they long and lanky? Short & petite? Do you alter hems or waistlines?

We are trying on winter clothes, and my 2 year old has the following issues.

He is growing much taller, but he has short legs, so his 3T pants are way too long, but his 2T pants show his entire rear when he bends over (he'll be mooning everyone in pres-school, lol), so I assume his torso is too long and 3T are also very big in the waist. I'm kind of bummed, because he doesn't seem to be fitting in brother's hand-me downs. I might have to get out a needle and thread, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 19, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
darbyakeep45
by Member on Aug. 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM

My son is the same way as yours!  Too funny!  He will be 4 years old in October, and he currently wears a 2T in shorts/pants unless they come from Children's Place, and he can wear a 3T in bottoms there.  His tops are size 4 or XS in little boys!  He has a long torso and short little legs!  He can wear 4Ts from Gymboree though...Gymboree runs a little big.  I buy his pants from Gymboree in a 2T as they fit his waist (the ones with elastic and not buttons) and the length is pretty good.  If I buy the 3T from Children's Place, I usually have to roll up the waist (for the pants) so they aren't too long!  

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Aug. 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Ours hit a spurt one week between 2T and 3T. One week 2T were fine, the next 2T were high waters. LOL. Honestly, I buy all his clothes at garage sales, so he has a large variety of clothes (you can afford it at 25 cents an item :).  When he was in transition, I only put him in the clothes that fit and waited for the legs to catch up. Or, I rolled up the bottoms of the 3T pants. I never altered mainly because I can't sew, and when they are so cheap, its easier to buy a new pair :P

M4LG5
by Valeri on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:45 AM

We don't have particular brands.  For pants, i prefer Target because of the elastic in the waist.  My oldest daughter prefers basketball shorts.  They wear uniforms so nothing in particular.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Mostly Carters....we have a store near by. I like them bc the graphics arent too big boy for my 5yo and they are single sized (4, 5, 6 etc not ranges). The 2 yo has a belly still but his has longer legs. I either fold the waistband of pants over or roll them, depending on the type of pant. I dont like Childrens Place as much just due to how they size their clothes and I found Gymboree to be narrow for my kids. We also buy jumpin beans at Kohls (good for one season and one kid) and JCPenney. ODS is wearing out much of his clothes now which will limit hand me downs so I just try not to spend too much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twinplus2
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

I do really well at Children's Place with my kids. I like the smaller store and one stop shopping. When the kids were younger, I liked the Carter's outlet.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM
I hear what you say about wearing out the clothes, I notice the garage sale and consignment pickings get a lot less heading into 4+ years for that reason too!

Quoting Loveplusmama:

Mostly Carters....we have a store near by. I like them bc the graphics arent too big boy for my 5yo and they are single sized (4, 5, 6 etc not ranges). The 2 yo has a belly still but his has longer legs. I either fold the waistband of pants over or roll them, depending on the type of pant. I dont like Childrens Place as much just due to how they size their clothes and I found Gymboree to be narrow for my kids. We also buy jumpin beans at Kohls (good for one season and one kid) and JCPenney. ODS is wearing out much of his clothes now which will limit hand me downs so I just try not to spend too much.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Bronze Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM

My son's the same way.  I took him in Gymboree a few weeks ago and jeans seemed to have  goo fit especially i the length.  I didn't buy because I was afraid he'd have another growth spurt before October.

PoehlerBear1983
by Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 10:32 PM
Ds1 has a teeny tiny waist. He is 9 and fits into his little brothers size 5 shorts. HOWEVER he is all leg! The kid needs size 10 for length! Thank goodness for adjustable waists.

Ds2 has size 5 waist but for the most part is going to need a size 6 for length. He is about to he 6 so i think he is average in size
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I buy as much adjustable waist clothing as I can. My ds grows a lot and I hate buying him two different size wardrobes every season. He is tall and has a good build so his waist size and the length normally match up fine. The problem is he grows too fast and nothing lasts an entire season. Like right now a 10 fits him good with a little bit of room but in a couple months they'll be to tight and a little high (it always hapens), but 12s are too big for him right now. Uggghhh

Sat.Wed
by New Member on Aug. 20, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Cheeroke is what fits both my kids best and they have adjustable waist
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)