Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Does your job have a dress code? What does it consist of?

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM
  • 41 Replies

Does it include hair, visible tattoos, foot ware, piercings? 

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:01 PM

When I did work in the office, it was very casual unless we were notified in advance of visitors in the office. 

but it didn't include hair (there were a lot of hair styles all over) tattoos or piercings (I had my eyebrow done until a few years ago) 

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:15 PM

The current dress code states to follow the dress code of the school district that we work in. The higher ups told us when our new contracts are in place we will have new guidelines for our dress code. Tattoos and body/facial piercings will have to be covered. Hair can not be unnatural colors. No flip flops or sandals. There may be a few other things that I don't remember. Our contracts have been out for over a year, teachers for over two, so I am not going to worry about any changes until we sign our new ones.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Hmmm, I do not know if there are official dress codes at my jobs, "professional dress" is expected and the norm. I don't know any co-workers with tattoos or piercings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Hair cannot touch collar, no piercings other than ears (no piercings for men at all), must not look overweight (some get away with it), no visible tattoos.... ummm I know there are more but can't think of em.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Quoting mrsary:

Hair cannot touch collar, no piercings other than ears (no piercings for men at all), must not look overweight (some get away with it), no visible tattoos.... ummm I know there are more but can't think of em.

Must not look overweight? What if you are overweight? 

mrsary
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:23 PM
There's some kind of a weight control program & sessions with a nutritionist. The person gets so much time to lose it.

Quoting Bubbie0809:

Quoting mrsary:

Must not look overweight? What if you are overweight? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:26 PM
Where do you work? I'm guessing it's somewhere that looks are extremely important

Quoting mrsary:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:27 PM
For the hospital I have to wear scrubs and sneakers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM
For CVS the dress code is business casual and closed toe flat shoe. You're not supposed to wear sneakers but everyone does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 10:30 PM
For my live in job I can wear anything. I normally wear jeans, a T-shirt, and sneakers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)