Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Grammar

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM
  • 26 Replies

I'm venting here so I don't come off as the grammar police somewhere else. 

The plural of Mother in Law is Mothers-in-Law, NOT Mother-in-Laws! 

There, got it out!

by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lisha77
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:27 AM
LOL!!!!

Why can't people understand this?!?!?!?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:30 AM

I know I don't need to worry about grammar and such in this group.  We seem to be a pretty intelligent group.  And in here, even incorrect pluralization wouldn't bother me.  I don't know why it got me so much in that group, but grrrrr.

Quoting Lisha77:

LOL!!!!

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Haha, I never knew that until I saw it on CM. It just sounds so weird to me-the correct way that is.

RachelRoss
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:36 AM
bump

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Hmmm, I am not sure if I have ever been guilty of this one, maybe, haha. MsIL just doesn't look right to me, haha!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM

There are a lot of odd pluralizations.  I guess it gets me so bad because I had to learn the hard way-in an English class where my grade was on the line for errors.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Haha, I never knew that until I saw it on CM. It just sounds so weird to me-the correct way that is.

Lisha77
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM
Some of the groups on the site are horrible!!!! I know it's the Internet, but please try and act as if you are educated!!!! It's not difficult! If a post is too difficult for me to understand, I skip it!!!

Quoting deccaf:

I know I don't need to worry about grammar and such in this group.  We seem to be a pretty intelligent group.  And in here, even incorrect pluralization wouldn't bother me.  I don't know why it got me so much in that group, but grrrrr.

Quoting Lisha77:

LOL!!!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Yes, I will skip.  I won't go on and trash their spelling, grammar, lack of punctuation, etc.  I may complain here, but at least I am not trying to make someone feel bad by trashing their post.

Quoting Lisha77:

Some of the groups on the site are horrible!!!! I know it's the Internet, but please try and act as if you are educated!!!! It's not difficult! If a post is too difficult for me to understand, I skip it!!!

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Lisha77:

LOL!!!!

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM

English was never my forte, unfortunately, though I do love to write and I love to read but put me in a classroom to learn all the rules and what not, um yeah.... Now give me math and I'll be in Heaven, lol.

Quoting deccaf:

There are a lot of odd pluralizations.  I guess it gets me so bad because I had to learn the hard way-in an English class where my grade was on the line for errors.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

But the fact that you can spell and correctly use the word forte is awesome!

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

English was never my forte, unfortunately, though I do love to write and I love to read but put me in a classroom to learn all the rules and what not, um yeah.... Now give me math and I'll be in Heaven, lol.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)