Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Why does everyone ask...

Posted by   + Show Post

Is this your first?

Talking about my daughter.

I know, I am older (35) and started late (I wanted to be 100% sure).  The next question is always "Are you going to have another?"  No, I am not.  I want one, and that is fine.  DH has 3 girls.  He is fine with having no more.  And it always seems to me that people just aren't happy when someone is fine with having 1 child. 

Okay.  Maybe I am overreacting, but it seems like the never ending question!

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Replies (21-26):
mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM

I have been told numerous times that I need to have another one for my DD. Come on! Really?! She has a cousin who lives 10 minutes away and is 4 mo older and she has a cousin who is turning 5. They will be raised close and this is what she will have because we are done. I am at the older end of the spectrum, I was 40 when DD was born and with my husband and my medical issues (nothing life threatening), we both agree that we cannot go thru the sleepless nights again. DD was an easy baby and is a mostly easy toddler, we aren't going to tempt fate. So just leave us alone!!!

Wife to Matt (7/12/09) and mommy to Samara (10/2012)

big smile mini

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

And I always hear the argument that only children are lonely and spoiled.  Okay, I have 2 grandsons (Step-daughter's boys) that she plays with, she goes to daycare and has friends there, and also has a friend her age in the neighborhood.  As for spoiled, we get her what we think we want her to have.  We may spoil her, but she knows how to share and is a good kid.  If she starts acting spoiled, we will fix the problem.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:30 AM

I constantly hear both but my family is the worst about asking when we're going to have another one. I guess they just assumed I'd be like my brother who has 3 (#2 and #3 are only 15 months apart). One of my aunt's was super rude about it. She looked at me and then at my stomach and asked "#2 on it's way yet?" I know I've gained a little weight but come on!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I wish that stopped people from asking me

Quoting leahbeah143:

lol people don't ask me anymore because I don't have a man

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krennabeth
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I think people are just at a loss for conversation. You can always throw it back at them with uncomfortable questions on their personal life such as "when are you going to get a job?". I think people have stopped asking me though because I just say I feel like my family is complete, and if they ask me again I say I feel like my family is complete, plus give them a look like they're losing their memory for asking the same thing repeatedly.

christaberk
by Christa on Aug. 30, 2012 at 5:33 PM
People ask me if I will try for a boy. I think we are done.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN