Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

My manager dresses inappropriately

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM
  • 14 Replies

And I HATE it!!!

She wears low cut shirts, flip flops, and tank tops.

Our previous manager was so very professional in every aspect and I respected her so much. But this lady, I like her okay as a person, but her professional could use a tweak or complete turnover really. The owner of the business even said something about her sandles and she still wears them. And she had very bad cleavage one day when he was here. I don't see how he lets this go on. I can't stand this and how she gets away with it. GRRR!!!!

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:10 AM

my manager used to wear some interesting outfits, too. I don't know if someone said something to her or what, but she has been dressing more appropriately lately.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a male manager, and he dresses very business-like.  But there is a manager in the same office that gets cameltoe so bad it looks like she's smuggling yo-yos.  Her pants are way too tight, her shirt border on obscene, and she wears flipflops nearly everyday.  And no one calls her out on it.

flutter523
by Tracy on Sep. 10, 2012 at 4:56 PM
That's really frustrating. Sorry you get stuck seeing her boobs lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bebetuck
by New Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Well if that's your biggest complaint at work, life isn't that bad right?!? 

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Quoting bebetuck:

:)  

I would probably be the inappropriate one in flip flops and jeans, if i worked in a professional office.

lisahappymom
by Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Yes, I've been in situations like that too when you are dressing more professionally than your supervisor.  It was weird!  It kinda made me think their heart wasn't in it, because it seemed like they wanted to be somewhere else. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 10, 2012 at 10:02 PM

My program coordinator is like that. I find it inappropriate to dress that way when you are in a higher up position.

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Yeah, well I have a lot of complaints about her. lol. I miss my old boss. :(

Quoting bebetuck:

annasmom1234
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:31 AM

Well, I have a guy manager, so thankfully no cleavage there!  I've always worked in guy dominated fields, so haven't really had this problem, but I can see where it would be really distracting/irritating.  Do you have an HR manager or a dress code in your handbook?  My husband works around alot of women, and he said 2 of them got sent home to change the other day because they were wearing spaghetti strap tanks (with no sweaters to cover them up), and short skirts.  I am a contractor at an Army base, but some of the civilian ladies here do wear stuff I find inappropriate for our work environment such a flip flops (not nice sandals, but pure ole flip flops), frayed denim capris, etc.  Yes, I'm talking government workers here!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:03 AM

That would be annoying. Most of the people I work with are guys so no cleavage showing. Plus the other security people in my building have to wear a uniform also. They get to wear polo shirts instead of a dress shirt though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN