Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

TV?

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM
  • 7 Replies
What do you & your kiddos watch?

We don't have cable or dish, so all of our TV comes from 'over the air' or from Netflix or Hulu. I like shows like Once Upon A Time, Grimm, Castle - & really don't like reality shows.

Since there's just not much good on TV for kids these days, we rely on Netflix or MeTV. My kids LOVE Leave it to Beaver, Wonder Years, old Pink Panther cartoons, Tom & Jerry, etc. my oldest (13) enjoys Mary Tyler Moore & I Love Lucy. I think that's AWESOME!

Do any of your kids like the 'old time shows'?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 3:28 AM

well on PBS they have Caillou, Sesame Street, Super Why and Word World.

Shari55
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 5:15 AM

We watch crime drama (NCIS,Law and Order), my husband like H&G, Food Network,DIY, Cooking Network and PBS, as well as The Military Channel. 

I have blocked all cartoon channels as they are not good anymore, ofcourse I may have to watch a few shows as the children I teach talk about certain shows.

Shari, wife to bestfriend John (4/88), mom to Heather(1/77),Nyssa(4/89),Michaela (8/94) and four fur babies (cats)

christaberk
by Christa on Sep. 13, 2012 at 5:17 AM
Catie likes the original pooh cartoons.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Jackson usually watches Disney movies. He does watch Nick Jr with my mil but most of the time it's just on for background noise. Sometimes I'll put on Boom and he'll watch some of the old cartoons like Top Cat and The Smurfs.

angiemoreau
by Angie on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:37 PM

big brother, hells kitchen, master chef, survivor, castle, greys anatomy, and private practice.

Cindy18
by Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM
My son loves The Rifleman.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Sep. 13, 2012 at 8:58 PM

My kids like Tom & Jerry (as far as old school cartoons) but they watch a lot of Lab Rats, Wizards of Waverly place on Disney XD and Johnny Test on Cartoon Network. Oh and some Icarly and victorious, it just depends on if my older son is home or not. 

I watch a lot of Food Network, CSI repeates, Law and Order CI repeats and some reality shows.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN