Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Ugggghhhhh seriously?

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

I brought my car in to the shop last week to get looked at and have my brakes replaced, they replaced the brakes but didn't get to check for a leak like I asked. I brought it in this morning for them to see if they could figure out what's causing all my brake fluid to leak out (I refill it twice a week). I go in at 6:30 and they tell me they had to order a part and my car won't be ready until tomorrow. My problem is that they didn't tell me this before but also I need my car to go in to work tonight. I must have a car with me as a requirerment for the job. Now I'm not sure if I can go to work and will lose out on 18 hours of ot. Time to go beg my ex to let me take his car :(

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
4healthyeats
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM

oh no

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:44 PM
So sorry, and you are sort of at their mercy until they get it fixed, dang it. Hope this is the final fix!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Quoting Marti123:

So sorry, and you are sort of at their mercy until they get it fixed, dang it. Hope this is the final fix!!

Me too. I hoping they found the problem and it'e not just picking the obvious problem and said it was that.
flutter523
by Tracy on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:49 PM
That stinks. I would've told the car place to give me back my car and let me know when they get the part in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Any way you can take Flutter's advice?  I would tell them they can't keep your car as you weren't informed that it would be that long.  Tell them that when they have the part, you will bring it back in.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Quoting deccaf:

Any way you can take Flutter's advice?  I would tell them they can't keep your car as you weren't informed that it would be that long.  Tell them that when they have the part, you will bring it back in.

I said that an they guaranteed the car would be ready today. Well it wasn't ready so my ex told them to put it back together so I can have it for work tomorrow. I'm pissed because its been there for 2 days and they didn't fix it.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:43 PM

We always get a free rental car from the place that fixes our cars - that would really stink.  If there is no way to use your ex's or get it back - could you rent-a-car?

PinkButterfly66
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I would tell them that if they want to keep you as a customer, they should give you a really steep discount on labor, otherwise it's time to take your business elsewhere.

Quoting cjsmom1:

Quoting deccaf:

I said that an they guaranteed the car would be ready today. Well it wasn't ready so my ex told them to put it back together so I can have it for work tomorrow. I'm pissed because its been there for 2 days and they didn't fix it.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 18, 2012 at 9:51 PM

oh man that sucks! I would be totally stuck if I didn't have a vehicle too!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)