Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Misery at 2:00 AM - Update. The misery continues

Posted by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:30 AM
  • 17 Replies

OK, maybe the word misery is being over dramatic. I've been awake since at 1:30AM with one nasty cold - courtesy of my kiddos. Major sinus pain with awful headache, body aches, congestion, etc.

So, I got up at 2:00 & looked for some meds & all I could find was Theraflu, so as I was taking my 2nd TBSP of that I somehow managed to inhale a bit of it & my airway started going numb! Coughing like crazy, struggling to get in air, thought I was going to have to call 911 pretty soon (how embarrassing would that be?!)

But it's better now but I'm still in serios sinus pain and laying down makes it worse. So I did a load of laundry & now I'm propped up in bed, but can't sleep.

Guess I'll be watching Netflix the rest of the night instead of sleeping. The perfect end to a looooong day.

Update:

Grrr.

I'm worse.  I only made it 1/2 way through work and have been in bed ever since.  Fever, chills, serious sinus pain.  Awful.

So now - all of a sudden - after telling my DH how sick I am, he 'suddenly' is sick too (no fever, no congestion, no nothing) and is in bed sleeping.  So, I had to go pick up oldest DS from cross country and make dinner (DH always makes dinner - why on THIS day of ALL days does he make me do it??).

I'm sitting here letting the sauce simmer as I type this and seriously feel like I'm dying (not really, of course, but pretty darn close).

If you knew my DH, you'd understand.  He is a TOTAL hypochondriac (always has been - his mother is even worse) so it's not a total surprise that he is "ill" and thinks he needs to go waste money at a doctor (I don't even need to go - it will pass for goodness sake!).

I.  Want.  To.  Scream.

OK - vent (temporarily) over as the sauce is ready.

by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annasmom1234
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:16 AM

feel betterI'm sorry you feel bad!  Take care  yourself today :)

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Sep. 18, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable. My hubby managed to catch a virus and so lovingly shared it with me. I just hope ds doesn't get it. I hope the rest of your day goes fast so you can get some rest.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Feel better
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Hope you can get a little rest.  And have you tried a neti pot for your sinuses?  Those things can clean you out pretty well.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Those things terrify me.  I can't even use any kind of nasal spray let alone put liquid up there, LOL.

Still feeling crappy :(

Quoting deccaf:

Hope you can get a little rest.  And have you tried a neti pot for your sinuses?  Those things can clean you out pretty well.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I hope you feel better! what are you watching on Netflix?

rissarin
by Gold Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 11:17 AM
:(
I hope you get some relief soon! Sinus pain can be a real kicker. Enjoy your netflix! ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I was watching Fact or Faked.  Now I'm 'attempting' to work.  Ugh.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I hope you feel better! what are you watching on Netflix?

4healthyeats
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 1:17 PM

hope you're feeling better

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 18, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Bump for update.

Oh - and I also have to make laundry soap tonight because we ran out and the kids need pants washed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)