Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ipad or Kindle Fire?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM
  • 24 Replies

Which would you rather have or which do you have? Pros? cons?

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GLO682
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM

i have the kindle fire. well actually my daughter has it. we love it but i would prefer the Ipad. obviously moneywise the kindle fire is the better choice but if money isnt an issue i would go for the Ipad.

aimesnyc
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Just for reading a book?  My Nook. ;)

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I have both.  I love them both.  I use them both.  What are you planning to use it for, and that would make the difference.

ninamsi
by Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I have a Nook.  The only problem I have is that my children keep downloading games and they do realize some of them are not free.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Quoting deccaf:

I have both.  I love them both.  I use them both.  What are you planning to use it for, and that would make the difference.

I was originally looking at the Kindle Fire. But thinking about it, the Ipad will do more, I can use it for the same things as the Kindle Fire, plus more. I'm looking at the Ipad 2.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

The big drawback on the iPad is that it doesn't play Flash.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting deccaf:

I was originally looking at the Kindle Fire. But thinking about it, the Ipad will do more, I can use it for the same things as the Kindle Fire, plus more. I'm looking at the Ipad 2.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:57 AM

So that limits the video viewing?

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting deccaf:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Yes. 

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting deccaf:

leahbeah143
by Leah on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:02 AM

hmmm.... decisions decisions lol

Quoting deccaf:

Yes. 

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting leahbeah143:

Quoting deccaf:

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Since I already have a nook color (which also runs android, so that I can run the kindle app), I would pick the ipad. But, since it would just be a toy for me at this point, I wouldn't spend money on one.

I carry my nook with me everywhere, so I like the smaller size; I believe the kindle is about the same size; I don't see me carrying an ipad everywhere. If you want it mostly for reading, I would pick the kindle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)