Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Anyone thinking Christmas?

Posted by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:33 PM
  • 20 Replies

I am already trying to plan out Xmas Gifts.  I think SD(21) will be getting a Kindle.  SD(26) I'm not sure, but a gift certificate or gift card may be the way to go for her.  Grandsons (3 and will be 9 months at xmas) will get toys, DD will get lots of toys, some clothes, and books.  DH, while we don't usually get each other anything will probably get something so Steph doesn't think it's another day all about her (like her birthday).  I want her to see other people opening stuff.  Maybe "Santa" should leave something for me, too, since DH won't expect anything, and won't know I'm getting anything.  Santa will come for everyone this year!

by on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:57 PM

Nope.  I doubt my kids even know what they want.  They don't really start thinking about it until it gets closer to Christmas....so, yeah, I don't go shopping because I don't want to get something they don't want.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 4:59 PM

OH!OH!OH!  I have FOUND DH's gift!! He is a huge KISS fan, so naturally, I went on their site.  And found THIS:

Hand Signed KISS Limited Edition Print By Michael Doret - Limited Collector's Edition 1/250*

Hand signed artwork by Michael Doret.  Signed by the artist and the band!

mmeredith
by Mandy on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I have already got dh a movie he wanted, dds (4&6) I have already got 2 presents for at Target since they were on clearance and I could not pass them up. Now I just have to get a couple more and I'll be done.

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:43 PM

No, not yet, my kids change their minds a lot. So I will wait until it is closer to Christmas to figure it out. I can't get into my Christmas account yet anyway. 

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 6:45 PM
I only need to get ds some books and I'm done with him. I have money on the side for other people's gifts.
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Haven't even started thinking about it. They change their minds a lot, so it's better to wait.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 10:46 PM
Have birthday and Christmas planned, down to the bulk of the gifts. Working for a catalog order company that handles thirteen + catalogs, one of which pretty close to specializes in holiday gifts has its perks, one of which is company money and employee sales during holiday seasons. Birthday, I only throw one party, have that planned out, it covers four birthdays and our wedding anniversary, I plan that four to six months out, the first Saturday of December every year.
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 20, 2012 at 11:04 PM
I have bought lots of things for the boys, brio trains & tracks, matchbox play sets, arts&crafts, racing cars, Noah's arc set. I will be buying DH a grill and liquor. Co-workers salad dressings bottles with fresh herb plants.

I am always stumped with my parents, every year.
BrennaLyons
by Member on Sep. 21, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Hand up. This year will probably be a much smaller Christmas than last year, but considering last year...grin...that's not saying much.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Sep. 21, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I haven't even thought about it. I'll probably wait a couple months before thinking about it more.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)