Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Ergonomic or Regular Keyboard

Posted by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

I use an ergonomic keyboard.  I had to get it replaced about a month ago after dripping salad dressing into it for the 3rd or 4th time (I tilt the bowl up to get the last little bits and...well you get the idea).  The tech found a used ergo keyboard in the supply closet for me then.  It was gross, but I took it becasue that's all they had.  Apparently they don't keep too many of these in stock.

Well today, I knocked almost an entire cup of lemonade all over my desk, my lap and into my keyboard at lunch.

embarrassed

I shook it out and let it sit upside down for awhile and it looked like it might keep working for about an hour or so and then it quit.  Now I'm trying to type on a regular keyboard while waiting for my new keyboard.  It has to be ordered.  I can already feel the pain shooting up my wrists.

surrender

What kind of keyboard do you use? Mouse?  I still use a regular mouse.  I couldn't get used to the ergo mouse they tried to set me up with.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:58 PM

Ergo keyboard and mouse.  Both wireless.  Love them!!!

p.s., I think your poor keyboard should get a raincoat.  They make plastic covers for them.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-MI1026-108-Ergonomic-Keyboard-Cover/dp/B001L6HASM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348523944&sr=8-1&keywords=ergonomic+keyboard+cover 

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:15 PM

Quoting deccaf:

Ergo keyboard and mouse.  Both wireless.  Love them!!!

p.s., I think your poor keyboard should get a raincoat.  They make plastic covers for them.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-MI1026-108-Ergonomic-Keyboard-Cover/dp/B001L6HASM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1348523944&sr=8-1&keywords=ergonomic+keyboard+cover 

That's exactly what I need!  I found one to fit my keyboard, but it's more expensive...but also antimicrobial.  Here's my poor keyboard:

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

flutter523
by Tracy on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:40 PM
I use the standard for both
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Ergo keyboard and wireless Logitech mouse. The same ones I use on my home computer as well.

JuliFox
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM

My laptop has the standard keyboard.  But I prefer an ergonomic keyboard for my office and home desktops. 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM

Standard Dell issue for both keyboard and mouse. I hate the mouse because it's the old school one with the roller ball and it's constantly getting stuck from the crumbs it sucks up off the desk.

BrennaLyons
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I use regular. My husband uses only ergonomic and gets upset when he switches to my machine. I learned to type on an old Selectric, so I can't stand ergonomic.

angiemoreau
by Angie on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Regular mouse & keyboard

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:01 AM
I have a wireless Logitech ergonomic and am not a huge fan, my space bar is tough and sluggish, very frustrating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN