Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Tell us how you get your kids to eat veggies and Green Giant will donate up to $2000!!

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM
  • 13 Replies

Getting your little ones to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be.

Click here>>> How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables? to take the One Giant Pledge to serve more veggies to your family and tell us how you get your kids to eat more vegetables. 

Green Giant will donate $1 - up to $2000 - to Feeding America for every mom that shares a comment.

eating 

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 3, 2012 at 3:30 PM

We stuff our burritos full of veggies. We make burritos filled with spinach, tomatoes, and onions. Our DS gobbles them up. We tried to make him an egg burrito once without the veggies, and he reached over to the cutting board and grabbed his own veggies to top it with :)

Latrisha84
by New Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I don't really need to "make" my kids eat their veggies, they eat them all by themselves and they love them!!! I'm so happy that my kids are not to picky about what they eat. Of course they are picky about some stuff that they never had before. When that happens I remind them of the song thats on the tv show Yo Gaba Gaba, not sure of the name but it goes, "try it you might like it!" lol thats how I get them to try new foods whatever it may be.

eating

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:32 PM

thankfully DD has never fought me on eating veggies!

4healthyeats
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:41 AM

my kids like veggies for the most part. we try to mix extra veggies in any saucy or soupy dish. If they turn their nose up at a specific veggie, I'll stop giving it to them and will eat them myself in their full view eventually they want what I have and forget that they were being picky.

Shari55
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:00 AM

I learned from my oldest to not make veggies an option, she was and still is a very picky eater. This was my fault though because I wasn't as into veggies then like I am now too.  

So when my last two came along they didn't have a choice, they had to eat what was served. They love veggies (except cooked spinach) and like to try new veggies every time we go grocery shopping. 

Shari, wife to bestfriend John (4/88), mom to Heather(1/77),Nyssa(4/89),Michaela (8/94) and four fur babies (cats)

mickstinator
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Bribery. Ha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:26 AM
I try to keep it to the ones I know they like so we don't have a battle of determination at the table.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Make sure you click the link and respond to that post too, please ladies :)

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Offer vegetables at every single evening meal!

sweet611
by New Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:23 PM

We prepare homemade meals with real food. We avoid processed foods and grow our own edibles. Our children are 15 months, 2.5 years young, 9 and 12. They LOVE helping prepare meals/snacks AND they have green fingers! They love to eat what they grow!  There's an appreciation for your veggies and fruits when you grow it yourself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)