Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

No power for almost 5 hours!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • 6 Replies

Last night I got home from work and was about to make a snack so I could take one of my antibiotics. I looked over at my microwave and realized that it was blank. Odd....I reached over and flipped the light switch and realized I had no power! I woke dh up to see if he knew what was going on and he said the power company turned it off at 2:30 so they could trim the branches hanging over the power lines running through our backyard. Ds and I ended up spending a lot of time outside since it felt cooler. I would have liked to take him to the playground next door but I can't be in the sun due to one of my medications :( The tree trimming people finally got the branches all trimmed and then the power company turned the power back on. Now we just have to figure out why they didn't deal with the branches before they left?!?! They're currently in both mine and the duplex neighbor's backyards as well as the people who live behind us. The lady behind us came over because she's buying that property and doesn't think she should have to pay out of pocket for something our landlord didn't maintain. The neighbor and I both basically told her to toss it into our yards and then the landlord can deal with it.

My dh just got off the phone with the electric company and they said that they're sending someone to come get the branches sometime today.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I hate when the power goes out! At least it was during the day so you could take lo outside for entertainment.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I'm so glad it's been much cooler lately. Thankfully it was in the low 80s with a breeze.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I hate when the power goes out! At least it was during the day so you could take lo outside for entertainment.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

That is frustrating.  Aren't they supposed to give at least 24 hours notice?

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM

What a pain!  Good thing they're coming for those branches though.

Mireya926
by Mire on Oct. 4, 2012 at 3:26 PM
Oh no. Wow sorry to hear that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:34 AM

It would have been nice. I think the only notice they gave was when they pounded on the door to wake dh up to tell him RIGHT before they started trimming the branches...ridiculous.

Quoting deccaf:

That is frustrating.  Aren't they supposed to give at least 24 hours notice?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN