Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Politics in the workplace

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think people should discuss politics in the workplace?  After the debate, there are a few people wanting to discuss nearly everything.  I know that I disagree with a lot of what these people think, so I keep my mouth shut.  But I think the office should be a politics free zone.  I wish people would keep their opinions to themselves like I do, at least at work.  Outside of work, I don't care how they feel of what they discuss.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM
Replies (11-14):
4healthyeats
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:36 PM

Some of that depends on your job... if you have a very political oriented job... its kinda of hard not to. But for the most part your personal political discussions should be limited to the same as other discussions like "how are the kids" unless you are running for congress or something.

Shari55
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:48 PM

This is going to sound terrible (and I have already been praying to the Lord about this) I have stopped going to church because politics is often discussed on Sunday morning.  

As for work, I am glad I work where I work because we are already to busy to discuss politics.

Shari, wife to bestfriend John (4/88), mom to Heather(1/77),Nyssa(4/89),Michaela (8/94) and four fur babies (cats)

marinewife55
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:48 PM
We kind of do, but I think its more because it affects our jobs ya kno...social services field here...I work with foster children and their families
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM

We have people in our office that do, but I avoid the topic. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN