Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

New Computer

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM
  • 5 Replies

I kept getting the "Blue Screen of Death" on my computer, so the tech switched out my CPU last night after I backed up all my files.  I've spent all morning restoring, rearranging and finding everything I need to do my job.  What a pain!

On the other hand, this computer has a newer OS and the defaults are so pretty!  I'm such a goof!

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Yay! I love new computers! When I started in 2009, they had the engineering department running 3D modeling on 2006 computers!  They kept dragging their feet to replace them and after finally seeing me walking the halls last year because my computer would crash 5x a day, they spend a chunk of money to get us top of the line. Woohoo!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM

lol it's the little things

mickstinator
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I love getting updated systems, but I hate having to fix it all up the way I need it to work! 

We finally updated our Office Suite. We were using 2003 until a month ago. Yeesh!! It's so much prettier now!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

We just went to 07 about 4 months ago from 03 as well :)

Quoting mickstinator:

I love getting updated systems, but I hate having to fix it all up the way I need it to work! 

We finally updated our Office Suite. We were using 2003 until a month ago. Yeesh!! It's so much prettier now!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I get mine replaced pretty regularly.  IT likes to ensure that the computer running payroll and the company financials is as up-to-date as possible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)