Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

So much for lunch...

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

I have been trying really hard to be good (healthy and cheap) and bring my lunch to work every day.  Today's lunch didn't warm up well in the microwave and I ended up not being able to eat most of it.  I'm so hungry!!!!

eating Yesterday, I ate everything I brought and I was still hungry.  I underestimated how much food I'd need.  I'm just venting because I'm hungry, frustrated and waiting on someone to show me how to do something in Excel.

Can't wait for dinner...

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Sucks when you don't get enough to eat :(  I always bring my lunch but today I admit I was STARVING after going to yoga and knew how much food I had in my bag, so I stopped and grabbed a mini burger. I know, totally bad, but it was yummy :P

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Fruit and raw veggies fill you up really well!  Good luck with your excel project!

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Sorry, that stinks. It's so hard to concentrate when hungry!

I actually forgot about lunch until 2:30 today...then I got so engrossed in work again it was 5:30 before I knew it & thought it was only 3:30, LOL.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4healthyeats
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Quoting the3Rs:

Sorry, that stinks. It's so hard to concentrate when hungry!

I actually forgot about lunch until 2:30 today...then I got so engrossed in work again it was 5:30 before I knew it & thought it was only 3:30, LOL.

that happens to me too and I LOVE to eat.

marinewife55
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM
Lol I'm a case manager for therapeutic foster children and today I was in my office all day and was so focused, that I totally forgot to go to lunch
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:26 AM

Usually it doesn't bother me much if I eat later than usual. Right now I have to make sure I eat more on time so that I can take my antibiotics and pain meds. It's not fun trying to take a pill 4x a day when you have to eat with it...

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 5, 2012 at 11:25 AM
I hate when my lunch isn't what I expected. I always have snacks stashed in my classroom (almonds, granola bars, fruit) to grab on those extra hungry days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)