Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Co-workers and Smelly Food

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

Today my co-worker has the worst smelling food. The odor is so strong I have had to walk away several times, but what difference does that make because it has consumed our area.

Do your co-workers eat at their desk? Do the odors of their food bother you?

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Rarely does the food eaten in my area bother me.  Unless it's popcorn.  That microwave popcorn can give me a migraine and make me vomit. 

4healthyeats
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:22 PM

lol. I know it bothers others so I don't reheat fish or smelly things... but it really doesn't bother me. just makes me hungry

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

One woman was eating popcorn with truffle oil and it smelled so terrible that she was asked not to do it again. It seriously smelled like foot and ass that was lit on fire lol

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

The only time it bothers me is when someone brings in a pizza and doesn't share lol. I don't really have anyone that works too close to me so the smell usually doesn't get close

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

we have a courtesy policy that indicates all food like this is to be eaten only in the break rooms....however, the break rooms dont have doors sooo...the smells just filter on out lol....some are good and some are suspect...lol...but we can eat things like snacks at our desk.

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:19 AM

hahaha hilarious!

Quoting leahbeah143:

One woman was eating popcorn with truffle oil and it smelled so terrible that she was asked not to do it again. It seriously smelled like foot and ass that was lit on fire lol

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM

The guy that sits right next to me drinks the strongest, bitterest, black coffee all morning and sometimes in the afternoon as well.  I hate the smell of coffee!

I eat at my desk all the time.  If I have something really aromatic I either try to eat it really fast or I eat in the breakroom.

When I was pregnant this was a real issue for me.  The chick next to me would eat White Castle almost every day at her desk.  That smell makes me hurl even when I'm not pregnant.  throwing up

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

annasmom1234
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Yes, some of them do eat at their desks.  The other day, someone heated up some kind of fish in the microwave, and I had to leave the office and walk down the hall.  It lingered, and lingered, and lingered.....

I am very sensitive to all types of smells, and this does bother me.

annasmom1234
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Babujai:

The guy that sits right next to me drinks the strongest, bitterest, black coffee all morning and sometimes in the afternoon as well.  I hate the smell of coffee!

I eat at my desk all the time.  If I have something really aromatic I either try to eat it really fast or I eat in the breakroom.

When I was pregnant this was a real issue for me.  The chick next to me would eat White Castle almost every day at her desk.  That smell makes me hurl even when I'm not pregnant.  throwing up

Hey!  I thought I was the only one with the coffee thing!  Just the hint of a coffee smell when I was pregnant would make me violently vomit.  I simply cannot handle the smell of coffee.  It really makes me nauseous.  I have to leave the room when everyone is making their "morning cup."  Gross!

mickstinator
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:52 AM

One of my coworkers often makes tuna sandwiches at work. Relish, mayo, and tuna. Blech! She's also a major smacker. It makes me gag. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)