Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Ah, the "joys"of Homecoming.  Woke up this morning to find our trees, bushes and garden full of toilet paper.  Oh joy. 

I never did that when I was a kid, though our house was TP'd (thanks to my brother).  However, they really just stood in the road and threw it into the nearest trees.  That was how it was here last year as well.

This year they actually came far into our (large) yard and wrapped it around the bushes right up by our house - not feeling too comfortable about that.

My dog just went outside and was 'tracking' the new scents and now has been standing in the middle of the yard barking and barking - apparently trying to re-establish control of his yard?  LOL  He's also afraid of the TP when it blows in the wind, LOL.

So - did any of you TP when you were kids?  Did your house get TP'd this year?

by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Replies (11-17):
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Here it seems to be the coaches that get it after or before a big game. And sometimes the players, or swimmers, or whatever the sport is.

I don't know if I've ever known of random TPing around here!

Quoting the3Rs:

My younger two were already outside before 8:00am (all bundled up as it's 34 degrees & feels like 26 outside) to play and started cleaning up what they could reach.  I didn't even ask them to!  :)

So, I've always wondered, since I didn't TP as a kid, what is the criteria for who gets TP'd and who doesn't?  We are the only ones on our street to get it, though several kids live on our street.  And as I drove DS to school this morning there were others who got it, but not EVERYONE.

Quoting mickstinator:

We're far from that phase at my house, but I admit I've wrapped a few yards up in tp before. Hopefully it's not hard to clean up!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM

never did anything like that when we were kids, we lived in a city, so it wouldnt have really worked. On Halloween they did shaving cream or egg houses, cars and people. Some were random, sometimes a friend as a joke, the eggs were more for the people you didnt like. It was more of a junior high thing though. 

My son did work with this girl once though, and she had a crush on him, but he had a gf, any way, she poured dry beans and rice all over my driveway and put cheese slices all over my walkkway and car, I just thought it was an odd thing to do.

my123sons
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:44 PM
I was in a school-sponsored charity club in high school. One way we raised money to buy toys for Toys for Tots was to offer insurance to the high school teachers. For $20 we would clean up their yard after they were rolled. We always made good money with that fund raiser.
4healthyeats
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't think i did it. Beware of forking. I hear thats a pain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I never had it happen but I've seen it

a06z08mama
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM
My youth pastors left for heir honeymoon. We did the removing can labels, trashed the house, lipstick on mirrors, forks in the yard and to.

Yeah they weren't too happy with us when they got home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I've never done it or had someone do it to us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN