Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Are you?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM
  • 20 Replies
Are you doing what you love?? When I was a teacher I definitely wasn't. I just don't like teaching & never really wanted to be one.

My current career is nothing I could have imagined but I do enjoy it & I love the company I work for. But...it still feels like "work", you know?

I read somewhere that if you can earn a living with your passion it doesn't feel like "work", you can't wait to start the day, etc.

But I don't really know what my passion would be. I wanted to perform...but I auditioned for the Chicago Symphony & didn't make it, & I live in a rural area now with no performing opportunities. I think I'd love to play regularly in the pit for a broadway show, but that dream won't happen. And I honestly can't think of anything I "love". Pretty pathetic, huh?

So how about you? Are you doing what you love? If so, what do you do? If not, what is your passion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:57 AM

No, I am an auditor for an insurance company - while i am good at it, I don't feel anything about it. 

I would love to be a writer in any form. 

jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:24 PM

I"m a medical assistant, its not what I love. Im good at at,and it pays the bills,but no passion for it. I write poetry in my spare time and would love to make a living doing that,but theres not much market for poet/philosopher nowadays,lol.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this
We'll put your poetry to my music and become the next great songwriting team, LOL :)

Quoting jurnee14:

I"m a medical assistant, its not what I love. Im good at at,and it pays the bills,but no passion for it. I write poetry in my spare time and would love to make a living doing that,but theres not much market for poet/philosopher nowadays,lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Sounds like a plan,lol!

Quoting the3Rs:

We'll put your poetry to my music and become the next great songwriting team, LOL :)

Quoting jurnee14:

mumsy2three
by Shauna on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I love the student population that I work with but I don't love love my job. The benefits and schedule are great but I don't feel like I am make much of a difference in my position.

I am not sure what I love or am passionate enough about to turn into a job I love.

CrazedMomof2
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:36 PM
No I'm not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I love what I do. The only reason it feels like "work" is the time it takes away from dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I love what I do. The only reason it feels like "work" is the time it takes away from dd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM
I sound a lot like you. I'm currently a teacher but I kinda fell into the field. I didn't really have a direction on college and my mom suggested it and I just went with it. I still don't know what I'd like to do. I'm not that pationate about anything (except my family).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Josie_P
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:07 PM
Fashion was always my passion but law became a passion of mine in middle school. I persued law and I'm just now starting to do things in the fashion world. I attended Fashion Week in NYC and I got to meet with a big fashion designer here in Russia. So yes, I am doing what I love :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)