Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms
Are you doing what you love?? When I was a teacher I definitely wasn't. I just don't like teaching & never really wanted to be one.

My current career is nothing I could have imagined but I do enjoy it & I love the company I work for. But...it still feels like "work", you know?

I read somewhere that if you can earn a living with your passion it doesn't feel like "work", you can't wait to start the day, etc.

But I don't really know what my passion would be. I wanted to perform...but I auditioned for the Chicago Symphony & didn't make it, & I live in a rural area now with no performing opportunities. I think I'd love to play regularly in the pit for a broadway show, but that dream won't happen. And I honestly can't think of anything I "love". Pretty pathetic, huh?

So how about you? Are you doing what you love? If so, what do you do? If not, what is your passion?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Replies (11-20):
MansfieldMama
by Angela on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Yes, I teach AP English and love it!  I've had difficult years where I didn't enjoy teaching as much, but I still felt like I was doing what I needed to be doing.  This year is a particularly good year.  :)

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I like my job ok, and the company I work for is great, but it's definitely not my passion. I do love to craft and garden, so a job doing either of those would be awesome.

mickstinator
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I have a decent, likeable job, but it is not what I love.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:13 PM

None of my jobs are my passion. I think I would love to be a pediatric physical therapist, but it will never happen. I have no desire to get a PhD

4healthyeats
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM

exactly just missing the family time.

Quoting deccaf:

I love what I do. The only reason it feels like "work" is the time it takes away from dd.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:55 PM
No I do not love what I do, i am certainly blessed to have my jobs, and I enjoy them.

As I enter into mid-life, I realize, like you I have no idea what would make ME "love" a job. People cannot imagine me not working, but just being a SAH person, lol, sounds dandy to me about now. I think I would love that, haha.
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Yes and no. I love being an engineer, but the product I'm working on at my current job is not nearly as exciting as when I worked on jets or other areas I would love to work in.

liltigersmom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:51 AM
I like what I do, doing what I went to school for, but its exhausting, and takes me away from ds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:24 AM

I think I'd like my job a whole lot more if they'd stop switching security companies with each one worse than the last. It's frustrating when they change policies at the last second and not tell anyone.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I do love what I do. It's definitely my thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)