Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do for work outside the home?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am a Paralegal.
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Replies (11-20):
Luisa621
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Ahh. I'm sure that is scary how little regard some drivers have for schol buses.
raegan1221
by Raegan on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

How did you get in that job? What's it like? Did you have to go to school for it? Lol, sorry I know you didn't say ask questions about your profession but I've always been interested in that area.  But...I am a Cardiology receptionist.

Luisa621
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:58 PM
Quoting raegan1221:

How did you get in that job? What's it like? Did you have to go to school for it? Lol, sorry I know you didn't say ask questions about your profession but I've always been interested in that area.  But...I am a Cardiology receptionist.

I have an Associate's degree in Paralegal studies from an ABA (American Bar Association) approved program, not because I need it but because the field is becoming very competitive and I always want to remain a great candidate. If you live near or want to work in a big city, you will need your Bachelors degree (which I have less than a year to complete). A lot of schools are beginning to offer Masters degrees in Paralegal studies, but for now that isn't necessary though in ten years it may be. Everything Paralegals do is under the supervision of an Attorney and they are responsible for our work , paralegals do everything from managing attorney calendars to drafting legal documents to meeting and communicating with clients. Paralegals' work varies from the type of law they choose, however in school there is no focus oyn a specific type of law. It is important to know that unless you are lucky enough, to learn corporate or patent law, don't expect to make over 40k until you have 7, 8 years of experience but that will vary by location.
Bookwormy
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
LCSW - currently I'm a psychotherapist with adolescent girls with neuro-behavioral problems in a residential treatment center.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luisa621
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM
Quoting Bookwormy:

LCSW - currently I'm a psychotherapist with adolescent girls with neuro-behavioral problems in a residential treatment center.

How do you like it? Have you been doing it a long time? Is it financially rewarding? I plan on applying to a graduate degree program in child psychology.
singlemom1208
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:11 PM
Funeral director
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Luisa621
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Quoting singlemom1208:

Funeral director

O
G. What's that like?
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Accountant

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bookwormy
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I've had an MSSW for over 15 years now. It is not financially rewarding, no. This is my first time working for a private for-profit instead of a private non-profit, so its better. I haven't gone into private practice because I can't get benefits via my illegal wife. However, I'm considering going into academia, private practice, CEU instruction, clinical supervision, a combo of the 4, & we plan to move to either Canada or a state where we can marry, so I can do that.

For the 1st time in 15 years I was seriously physically assaulted by a client & I'm pretty burned out. I used to love the clinical work, however. I enjoy lots of different parts of social work. I also love public speaking, doing trainings, etc.

Quoting Luisa621:

Quoting Bookwormy:

How do you like it? Have you been doing it a long time? Is it financially rewarding? I plan on applying to a graduate degree program in child psychology.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)