Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

The newest addition to my children's book collection

Posted by   + Show Post

I make children's books as a hobby.  Of course I work a full-time job, but I would love for my full-time work to be making these books.  It's not really feasible right now, but I could really fill up 40 hours plus doing this if I didn't have a job. LOL  Anyway I'm making this personalized book for a girl at work for her baby.  I didn't get her a baby present, so Im trying to make it up to her.  The book is about self-esteem and a princess being able to do anything she wants to do.  It's really short, but I hope she likes it :)!  

by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:49 PM
Replies (11-14):
lowencope
by Lucy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:42 PM
I use create space. I freehand the pictures the color them on the computer.

Quoting deccaf:

What a great idea! Where do you get the binding done?  Do you do it free hand or use a program?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lowencope
by Lucy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't really have time lol

Quoting mickstinator:

I would love to have the time to do that. I've been wanting to make my kids a children's book for a long time. That's awesome that you've made it a hobby! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Very cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:01 PM

That is so cool. I have written a few stories for my grandkids, and am working on a longer elementary school age chapter book.  This would be a great idea for my grandsons birthday! I was working on editin the stories and trying to get them published, but unitl then, I might do something like this for thier birthdays and christmas!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)