Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Any success with...

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 16 Replies
Selling on Craigslist?

We have a dining set that I LOVED in the store, but it's just too big in our actual room. I want to buy a new one but need to sell this one first. I listed it on Craigslist yesterday and someone replied tonight asking if it was still available.

Hopefully tomorrow we will talk and I'll sell it. Didn't think I'd get a nibble so quickly...I may have to dig out some more stuff to sell! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:29 PM
No, I have never craigslisted. I am currently going through some "too big" furniture woes though also. I have a broken armoire, that needs to go somewhere. We might just list it for free. So much potential, I loved the piece, but it is soon big and so damn heavy, I just cannot find a place for it.

Hope your table sells quickly!
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM

We sold my old car on CL. We also found our house on CL and our dog on CL. I also use CL to target specific garage sales so I'm not driving all over town.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I know a few people who use CL. Hope you sell your table fast

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:33 AM

I haven't sold anything on CL but I did manage to score an almost brand new Fischer Price swing for half price on there. My only complaint was that it was battery-operated and ds LOVED being in that swing.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:30 AM
I sold my car on CRAIGSLIST. (Why did my phone capitalize that? Haha.) It went quick. I think I've sold a high chair also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I've bought a few things, but never sold anything. I think it's kind of hit or miss, but if it's a good piece with a good price, I bet it'll go over well.

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:41 AM
I havent sold much on there but I've bought a few nice things including my dining room table.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:03 AM

I won't do Craigslist.  I know someone who was shot in a CL crime.  He went to buy a game, and it was a setup for a robbery.  One shot killed both him and his GF.  It was very sad and makes you think.  I will put something on amazon or ebay first, with local pickup only.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I look at CL all the time but I've always been too scared to actually buy anything. I know a lot of people that have been successful with it though.

Mena929
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:58 AM

I have had a few success stories with selling items on Craigslist. It is at least worth a try!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN