Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms
Selling on Craigslist?

We have a dining set that I LOVED in the store, but it's just too big in our actual room. I want to buy a new one but need to sell this one first. I listed it on Craigslist yesterday and someone replied tonight asking if it was still available.

Hopefully tomorrow we will talk and I'll sell it. Didn't think I'd get a nibble so quickly...I may have to dig out some more stuff to sell! :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Replies (11-16):
campingmomof4
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:45 PM

That is terrible.  My son sells things on cl all the time and has never had any problems.   He always meets them in a public parking lot during the day time hours. 

Quoting deccaf:

I won't do Craigslist.  I know someone who was shot in a CL crime.  He went to buy a game, and it was a setup for a robbery.  One shot killed both him and his GF.  It was very sad and makes you think.  I will put something on amazon or ebay first, with local pickup only.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:49 PM

I'm sure there are all kinds of valid deals on CL.  I live in a bigger city (San Diego area), so we get more scammers.  The people I knew met in a parking lot in the evening, but still light out.  The mistake they made was fighting back when they were robbed.

Quoting campingmomof4:

That is terrible.  My son sells things on cl all the time and has never had any problems.   He always meets them in a public parking lot during the day time hours. 

Quoting deccaf:

I won't do Craigslist.  I know someone who was shot in a CL crime.  He went to buy a game, and it was a setup for a robbery.  One shot killed both him and his GF.  It was very sad and makes you think.  I will put something on amazon or ebay first, with local pickup only.

christyg
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:25 PM

If you place a good item for a good price, it will probably sell. I have had a lot of god luck buying and selling on there.

christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
I like cl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaydensmom1726
by New Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM

thats how we sold my husbands car that needed engine work.it went reasonably fast

jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:41 PM

Ive had a lot of luck buying and selling on craigslist. I was able to sell most of my mom furniture for her when she moved

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN