Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Steph's weekend cooking

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM
  • 10 Replies

Steph made chocolate refrigerator cookies, and some frosting to go with them.  And while they were chilling in the fridge, she "painted" some cinnamon/sugar on wonton wrappers and we baked those, too!  She loves cooking!

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

How fun! We made several treats this weekend, but Brody did more eating than baking. He loved the pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting! I did, too! hehe.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Sounds like fun. Jackson helped me mix the eggs for dinner the other night. Then he pushed his chair over to the sink and "washed" the dishes. He got so mad when I made him get down lol.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Awesome :)  Lex helped me with brownies yesterday.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM

So I looked at those kids' cooking utensils and all they say is Kids Cooking Club, but I can't find anything for it online!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:18 PM

It's one that I looked at, but they may have ended the program you were talking about.  It is now an e-mail recipe and on the 3rd month, they get an apron.  Here's the link, if you are interested:

http://savingdinnershop.com/kids-cooking-club/ 

Quoting leahbeah143:

So I looked at those kids' cooking utensils and all they say is Kids Cooking Club, but I can't find anything for it online!

christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Fun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Sounds like fun. Jackson helped me mix the eggs for dinner the other night. Then he pushed his chair over to the sink and "washed" the dishes. He got so mad when I made him get down lol.

Brody LOVES to "help" me put the soap in the dish washer and close the door and start it. He loves it so much that he gets mad when I won't let him close the dish washer (because I'm not done loading it up yet!). He gets so worked up about it! haha!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:53 PM

I let steph help load the dishes, especially silverware and her plates/bowl/cups.  Nothing glass, breakable or sharp, though.  Then she gets to start it, too.

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Brody LOVES to "help" me put the soap in the dish washer and close the door and start it. He loves it so much that he gets mad when I won't let him close the dish washer (because I'm not done loading it up yet!). He gets so worked up about it! haha!

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:55 PM

That sounds like fun. We'll be making peanut butter cookies later

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Jackson loves to help load the dishwasher too! He always pushes the bottom rack in after every piece he or I put in there so it takes twice as long lol. He also likes to help me load the washer and dryer. Hopefully he'll still like doing it when he gets old enough for chores lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)