Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Taking off a work-week day....

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
  • 34 Replies
And totally enjoying it.

Do you take off from work during the week? Is it more relaxing or about the same as any other off day for you?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:40 PM

If I could, I would.  Between Steph getting sick, days daycare is closed but work isn't, and time I have to take off for school stuff (midterms, etc.) I have no time to take off for me!

mickstinator
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I am going to take a Wednesday off here soon so I can go to the zoo with the boys. I really value those days. 

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I do love it...something special about being off when everyone else is working, LOL. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:50 PM

It doesn't matter whether I am home b/c I am sick, my son is sick, or it's a holiday - I LOVE it.  I have the day off today b/c of the holiday, and it has been so nice to hang out with my son (almost 1 yo), walk to the grocery store with him, and just hang out in sweats and a fuzzy robe at home. Even cleaning the kitchen was enjoyable. :)

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I usually don't take a day off unless it's during a week vacation or longer. I'd have to put in for it at least 2 weeks in advance and that's if no one's taking any shift off that day... I'd love to be able to call off and have a "sick" day but they've gotten so strict with the attendance policy that you now get written up for any call off even with a dr note :(

PeaceLoveZ
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I've played secret hooky before. It's so nice to get things done without men and/or little people running around bugging you all day. plus places you go are so much easier to get in & out of.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM

I have 4 vacation days left I have to use before the end of the year as well as some "sick" days. I suppose I should plan to take those soon.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 8, 2012 at 3:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PeaceLoveZ:

I've played secret hooky before. It's so nice to get things done without men and/or little people running around bugging you all day. plus places you go are so much easier to get in & out of.

yes, running errands is amazing!

WomenWhoRunIt
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:24 PM
1 mom liked this

We think of them as Mental Health Days! Even if you're doing something as totally unglamorous as getting groceries, there's something way more relaxing about doing it in the middle of the week

jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I really enjoy having a day off midweek, its just more relaxing. Especially since my son is usually in school!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN