Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Taking off a work-week day....

Posted by   + Show Post
And totally enjoying it.

Do you take off from work during the week? Is it more relaxing or about the same as any other off day for you?
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
Replies (31-34):
adulation
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 9:25 PM

hm.. I'm in Texas too and I have always been told that we can't write anyone up if they have a doctor's note.  We had an employee out for over a month from being in a minor car accident but since she had a doctor's note we couldn't do anything about it! weird!

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I'm in TX

Quoting adulation:

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I usually don't take a day off unless it's during a week vacation or longer. I'd have to put in for it at least 2 weeks in advance and that's if no one's taking any shift off that day... I'd love to be able to call off and have a "sick" day but they've gotten so strict with the attendance policy that you now get written up for any call off even with a dr note :(

what state are you in?? I think that is BS! They shouldn't be allowed to do that.  I know that we can not write someone up for having a doctor's note. 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Well fingers crossed I only have no more than a year left here. Then again if we switch security companies in March dh and I have talked about me just not transitioning to the new company. It's frustrating to switch companies and have to start everything over again. 

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

That's ridiculous. I can even fathom working at a place like that. So sorry you have to deal with that..

Quoting trfgirl56701:

That was my whole thing too! What if, God forbid, someone gets into a serious accident or ends up in the hospital for a week. They wouldn't have a job when they got back under this new policy :(

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

I understand getting serious about the situation. I myself can't stand tardiness and call-ins...but geez....ppl get sick and doctor's notes should excuse that. We have a girl that has terrible attendance. She called in on Sunday...I work at a hotel...and I had to work on my only day off to cover for her...I hope the GM writes her up for that.....
But then her husband went to the ER monday night and got his appendix and gallbladder removed. I've excused her for 2 days for that to be with her husband and children.  (I'm a supervisor and acting GM this week while the GM is out of town. )

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I guess they can...it's super annoying though. I think they're doing it since we have a serious problem with people coming to work on time everyday apparently. 

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

that's ridiculous! They can do that?!

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I usually don't take a day off unless it's during a week vacation or longer. I'd have to put in for it at least 2 weeks in advance and that's if no one's taking any shift off that day... I'd love to be able to call off and have a "sick" day but they've gotten so strict with the attendance policy that you now get written up for any call off even with a dr note :(

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I find it absolutely ridiculous and have a feeling that it could end up being a lawsuit if something serious happens to someone (knock on wood it doesn't)

Quoting adulation:

hm.. I'm in Texas too and I have always been told that we can't write anyone up if they have a doctor's note.  We had an employee out for over a month from being in a minor car accident but since she had a doctor's note we couldn't do anything about it! weird!

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I'm in TX

Quoting adulation:

Quoting trfgirl56701:

what state are you in?? I think that is BS! They shouldn't be allowed to do that.  I know that we can not write someone up for having a doctor's note. 

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Starting over isn't always a bad thing. Could be better for you and your family. Good luck with everything.

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Well fingers crossed I only have no more than a year left here. Then again if we switch security companies in March dh and I have talked about me just not transitioning to the new company. It's frustrating to switch companies and have to start everything over again. 

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

That's ridiculous. I can even fathom working at a place like that. So sorry you have to deal with that..

Quoting trfgirl56701:

That was my whole thing too! What if, God forbid, someone gets into a serious accident or ends up in the hospital for a week. They wouldn't have a job when they got back under this new policy :(

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

I understand getting serious about the situation. I myself can't stand tardiness and call-ins...but geez....ppl get sick and doctor's notes should excuse that. We have a girl that has terrible attendance. She called in on Sunday...I work at a hotel...and I had to work on my only day off to cover for her...I hope the GM writes her up for that.....
But then her husband went to the ER monday night and got his appendix and gallbladder removed. I've excused her for 2 days for that to be with her husband and children.  (I'm a supervisor and acting GM this week while the GM is out of town. )

Quoting trfgirl56701:

I guess they can...it's super annoying though. I think they're doing it since we have a serious problem with people coming to work on time everyday apparently. 

Quoting WonderWomanSV:

that's ridiculous! They can do that?!

Quoting trfgirl56701:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN