Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

An observation

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM
  • 9 Replies

Reading through some posts about preschool and such, I see a lot of postings about how the child isn't doing very well for this reason or that (like napping, playing together, seperation, etc) and it makes me happy that when Steph hits preschool and kindergarten, she will already be used to the classroom setting and able to adjust well.

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM

All 3 of my girls did extremely well in daycare/preschool. 

GLO682
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM

luckily both my kids did very well also.

they are both in school now and good kids. thank goodness.

Quoting M4LG5:

All 3 of my girls did extremely well in daycare/preschool. 

Mireya926
by Mire on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I recently entered the Elementary kids group here CM after my son graduated Preschool. The things you read. Make me feel a bit at ease. My son's minor issues are nothing at all compared to those I read. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I think this is VERY true.  My oldest son was in daycare from 8 weeks old-5 years old.  He did GREAT went he went to formal school.

My middle son was in an in-home daycare (non-classroom setting) from 8 weeks old-3 years old then went to 4K and did pretty good though he was very shy.

My youngest son was only in daycare from 8 weeks old-10 months old.  Then I started working from home full time and he was taken care of by myself and my mom.  He did HORRIBLE in 4K.  It was a TERRIBLE year.  He was better in Kinder and is great now in 1st - but that first 4K year was awful and I'm sure it was because he was never in a "classroom" setting.  I mean, he was socialized and well behaved when he was home and out in public, etc. - but that structure wasn't there and it showed in 4K.

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:37 PM
I'm hoping daycare will help DS transition easily to a school classroom next year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I  dont think it really makes a difference, all of my kids loved school, the oldest started in Kinder, and the youngest at 1 in daycare, and I never had a problem with any of them adjusting. I think all kids just handle change in different ways. My 2nd child loved prek, but wasnt  too keen on kindergarten, but he adjusted well after a week or 2. 

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Daycare is great for our family too!
WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:49 AM

That's great. I think preschool is a great start, especially if they weren't in daycare. Ds was only in daycare for a year while I finised school. And I feel like preschool really gave him a headstart for kindergarten. He a little trouble withhis social behavior is preschool but I think he got it out of his system then. He's been doing great in K.

adulation
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:29 PM

so far so good for Lila.  I had to put her in daycare when I started working so she's been in a class room setting since she was 2 (it was a montessori school with extended hours).  It definitely helped her transition to the public school even though t was still a big change because she went from having 6 kids in her class to 22!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)