Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

A lesson in patience

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, I've been working on this project for 5 months. It was shipped 2 weeks ago and they were working on installing it last week. I was just finishing up the last of the drawings and ready to close out the project when "not enough memory" pops up as an error on one of my drawings I'm trying to save. WTF? I was saving this to the server. I try again and several other error messages pop up. Ok, I reboot, maybe its my system. Nope, and now it says file corrupted. Great! So I go to our resident IT expert and tell him I think there is something up with the server. He agrees and says that we are 100% out of server space (have 50kb left...enough for maybe an email) and they've known about it for a week. We are waiting for corporate to install new drives for us. WTF? Really?  Our server is FULL?  Aggghhh. And I'm working in a program that doesn't like you to move files once you've created them, so I'm dead in the water on that project...about a half an hour before being done after 5 months!  I have to wait until at least tomorrow to close it out now :( 

Have any of you ever had your corporate server full??  Seriously??

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Never.  I can't imagine that happening here!

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Seriously! Our company employs 6000 people across the US. Our division is 30 people. None of us can save to the server right now. You would think a company of this size would have the resources to keep us running! /sigh

Quoting deccaf:

Never.  I can't imagine that happening here!

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 8, 2012 at 7:43 PM
That's never happened to us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:32 AM

That's got to be frustrating!

mickstinator
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Wow, a full server? You guys must have so much crap on there! We've never had that problem, but we did switch to an internet-based server and I hate it. It's so slow and takes forever to pull up files and will give me error messages about a third of the time when I try to save. UGHUGHUGH.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM

The sad part, is I just looked and our server only has 222 GB of space. Um, I have more than that on my home computer!  I think it has a 300 GB hard drive!  SMH

Quoting mickstinator:

Wow, a full server? You guys must have so much crap on there! We've never had that problem, but we did switch to an internet-based server and I hate it. It's so slow and takes forever to pull up files and will give me error messages about a third of the time when I try to save. UGHUGHUGH.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)