Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms
Hi ladies,

So I hate my current job. It's more so the manager who is a pain. It is very clear that I am not her favorite so even though I've been in office longer than most I am still low on the todem pole. Well I interviewed for this Great position, got great feedback but was contacted today and told they went with someone else. I am happy to have a job but I am very very hurt and disappointed. Have u ever went through this and what made u feel better? Thanks for letting me vent!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 6:47 PM
Replies (11-13):
mjimaging
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I was really bummed that a photo job didn't work out. She jerked me around a lot too. I was also bummed that a big bank turned me down with five years experience and a large knowledge base. In the end, I got hire by a bank that could barely wait till after te interview, they loved the interview and hired me and pay even higher then they said they would. It's way less stress then the other bank job and way more money and hours then the photo job. It all worked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I remind myself, that over the past 20 years, when i was so depressed because  a door of opportunity shut,  ultimtately another window would with a better choice would open later. I would take my disappointment and use it as motivation to look for other opportunities.

Sorry!

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Fingers crossed! Good luck to you!

Quoting LNLMommy:

Aww poor girl! The hiring manager said it was a really tough decision and it really came down to who had more experience. It hurt but I made some great new contacts so I will keep at it until the right job finds me!

Quoting Loveplusmama:

Definitely keep you chin up!

If you received positive feedback, it's worth a phone call to the hiring manager to see why you didn't get the job. Is there extra training that would've nailed it?  Could you have done something different in the interview?  They may not be straight with you because I think these conversations make people uncomfortable, but if you felt good about it, it's worth a shot to ask. 

We interviewed recently and the girl was amazing on paper. Her personality didn't fit with our small workplace, but her qualifications we wonderful. When I checked her references, they bombed. I called her to let her know that while qualified and not a great fit for us, that her references would've killed it for her if we were going to make an offer. She thanked me, and hopefully she has found something better suited for her and she has revamped her reference list.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)