Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Not wanting to go to DCP....

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM
  • 8 Replies

My son is a non verbal soon to be 3 yr old. Lately everytime He knows he is going to DCP he starts acting out and crying. 

Did you ladies ever run into this? My DCP is my friend's mom so I didnt think there would be in an issue

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:53 AM

DD is only 2, but she usually loves going and I don't really have any issues.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Yes. DS will be 3 in December. We LOVE our DCP and so does he, but he would rather stay home with his parents given the choice. She picks him up after she drops off her son at school, so DH has to hand him over from our house every day. DH says some days are more difficult than others. The worst day was a day when I was home. I had been out of town that Sun - Tues night. I had only seen him for 1/2 hour once I got home on that Tuesday before he had to go to sleep (DH had already kept him up late).  That morning I was running late getting everything ready to head back to the office and the DCP showed up while I was still home. OMG you would not believe the tears he shed as I had to strap him in the car seat of her car. Broke my heart! He refused to leave my arms.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I will add that once he goes to day care, he loves telling us stories of his day, always comes home with art projects, and has friends his age (within a month apart). So, I know he loves going, he just doesn't love the first step of actually going always.

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 9, 2012 at 7:57 PM
DS whines and cries often about going to DC but loves it onces he's there and always has good, fun days. He would much rather stay home with me though. On the days my aunt comes over to watch him he also cries when I leave. Hell be 3 in dec
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cubbies23
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:40 PM
No matter how long they have been going I think every child wants to stay home. Don't you want to cry when you don't want to go to work but have to. I would talk to the provider and ask how he does during the day. I'm sure he is fine when you leave.
JLah
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:46 PM

she tells me that he is a great kid and always happy.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I am sorry.

My 3 year old gets very oppositional & cries in the mornings before daycare. He has slightly impaired language and severe articulation difficulties, which aggravates his strong-willed temperment and lack of impulse control.

As a parent, I work very hard everyday to do everything I can to allow him choices & control in a very regimented routine.

It is very normal though. Most of us would rather just show up to work when we felt like it or some not even at all, even if our  jobs aren't all that bad, lol, kiddos can relate!

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Ds used to throw a fit when it was time to go to my sil's when she watched him. He loves going to my inlaw's though. When I was still on 2nd shift he'd go running into the house and would barely look back when I left lol. Now he's usually still asleep when I drop him off at 630am

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN