Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Wake UP!!!

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

How do you wake your kiddos up?

DD is 2.  I go in her room, get her clothes ready while singing a good morning song to her.  She usually wakes up with a smile.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM

her alarm wakes her up

Mireya926
by Mire on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:56 AM
I wish I new the exact ddetals. Am always out the door by 6am-6:30am. Son does start school till 8:30am, then dad just rushes to get to work by 9:15.
SO wakes up right before I leave get lunches ready for our son and him. Gets clothing ready on the bed. Our place is the size a single so our bathroom and beddroom are wall to wall. He hit the shower at 7am that has to wake our son up. Daddy shares that he usually knows when he is up when he hears the bathroom toilet flush and then our son greets. "Good morning daddy".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

That sounds nice :)

My kids set their alarms and wake up on their own.

Except this morning I got up at 5:00 to wake up my 8th grader to finish his homework (he was at Cross Country until 7:30 and still wasn't finished by 10:00pm).  Unfortunately, he apparently stayed up until 11:00 to finish (despite me telling him to go to bed at 10:00) so we both got up at 5:00 for nothing!  LOL

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM

DS wakes us up. Today he woke up a little unhappy because the fire alarm on the school across the street from us was going off, and thats what he woke up to. He called me and and said "Mommy, beep, beep, beep, beep". He was good once he fully woke up though :)

Mireya926
by Mire on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:03 AM
Aww poor guy

Quoting the3Rs:

That sounds nice :)

My kids set their alarms and wake up on their own.

Except this morning I got up at 5:00 to wake up my 8th grader to finish his homework (he was at Cross Country until 7:30 and still wasn't finished by 10:00pm).  Unfortunately, he apparently stayed up until 11:00 to finish (despite me telling him to go to bed at 10:00) so we both got up at 5:00 for nothing!  LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:17 AM

My kids are the opposite of each other regarding their early morning risings. 

Mitchell (who is 4) HATES getting up. I usually go into his room as late as I can and wake up him up while getting his clothes out for him. Then I have to go back into his room 3-4 times to keep him up. He'll just roll over and go back to sleep time and time again otherwise, no matter how early we put him to bed the night before. 

Brody (who is 2) usually comes into my room as my alarm is going off. Sometimes he wakes up earlier and sometimes he'll sleep in a little, but typically we get up around the same time. He's immediately peppy and ready for some food to get in his belly. This morning, he joined Daddy exercising. It was pretty adorable to watch him attempt some kickboxing! haha. : )

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I wake my son  (7) up by grabbing his warm blankets off of him and folding it....lol...

My daughter...(3)..I leave her till LAST...unless she wakes up during the time I wake up my son. 

I never know what MOOD she will wake up in sooo I spare myself ;)

christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM
Catie hates waking up. I get the baby up at 5:15 to nurse. Catie gets up at 5:45. And cries the entire time she is getting ready. It Should not take a 4 year old 45 minutes to get ready on a school day, but it does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Junip1977
by Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 4:47 PM

If I have time I will crawl in their bed with them and snuggle.  My 8 year old loves when I pretend her teddy bear is waking her up.  My oldest just likes her back scratched.  If I am running late, then I throw the door open, turn on the lights and say wake up.  LOL

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 9, 2012 at 8:55 PM
On days off DS wakes us up. Some work days he wakes up on his own, others I open his door up and go on getting ready. The noises usually wake him up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)