Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

How do you wake your kiddos up?

DD is 2.  I go in her room, get her clothes ready while singing a good morning song to her.  She usually wakes up with a smile.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Replies (11-16):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:05 PM

ummm, my children are my alarm clock, lol.

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 1:24 AM

she hears the door creaking usually.  They usually wake us up!  My almost 5 yr old usually wakes by 630am and my 2.5 yr old has been waking at 715am usually.  Hubby will sleep all day if they would let him!  LOL 

TIPTONTNSAHM
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 5:24 AM

I used to wake up kids just by saying wait up sunshine and son wouldn't budge but my daug would be wide awake after me just moving around and talking. I would put some upbeat music like They might be giants band or Laurie Berkner band when kids were lil. Now, I put on some pop songs on there fave list on a IPOD and play it with it on my son's speakers. Then go into wake up daug she can hear the music while she's gets changed. After a min or two he wakes up and turns it off.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:28 AM

During the week my mil usually wakes him up if he doesn't wake up on his own by 10. Most of the time I get lucky and he'll sleep through me transferring him to the car seat and then into the inlaw's. Sometimes he'll wake up a little bit when I put him into the crib so my fil will take him and snuggle him until he gets up. Ds wakes us up most times on the weekend.

WonderWomanSV
by Stacey on Oct. 10, 2012 at 9:45 AM

That is so sweet. My husband gets ds up for school. He turns the tv on and gets ds's attention.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I usually find the little one up in the top bunk with his brother, so I turn on the lights, pull the covers off, call their names, blast the radio, turn on the TV, remind them of any special things that need to be done, shake them, tickle them, threaten them, spray them with a water bottle...so pretty much whatever it takes.  They sleep so hard!  They can't wake up to an alarm. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN