Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Surprising.

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
  • 6 Replies

A customer from New Jersey has called the office several times over the past month to work out the details of a large purchase order to our company placed by her school. She has been really aggressive and intimidating since the first phone call. I was not fond of her and immediately recognized her with each subsequent call to our office because of the way she spoke to me from the beginning. 

She just called again and basically apologized for being so difficult to work with. She said her school district is "very, very messy and dysfunctional" but it's a "labor of love." She also said her school district is in the process of creating another very large purchase order from us. 

I'm really surprised that she appreciated us. From the way she's spoken to me in every interaction, I thought she found us unprofessional and irritating. At least, that's how she acted. I'm really flattered despite her curt demeanor. I guess some people are just a little more brusque than others.

by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Some people are just naturally more abrasive.  It's nice that she apologized and great to have another large order!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Nice that she appears to like your company even though her tone says otherwise.  Sometimes you just don't know!

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:59 AM

That's just that NE coast business attitude. 

mickstinator
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Quoting Babujai:

That is what a coworker said. No Southern hospitality up there! haha.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting Babujai:

That is what a coworker said. No Southern hospitality up there! haha.

Right!  There's plenty of time to be nice and polite...after the job is done.  I'm in the midwest and constantly hear complaints about our NY/NJ agents.  I'm from NY so it doesn't bother me in the least.

Calling all Naturalistas! Join us in  Natural Hair Love.

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 1:49 PM

good grief lol..all that headache jsut to find ouot she REALLY likes you ha!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)