Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Do you think about it?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM
  • 21 Replies

Your past.  Past boyfriends, past mistakes, past friends. 

Do you think anything would be different if you went back and changed one little thing? 

Do you want anything to change?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I think about my past sometimes.  I think how lucky I am that things didn't go as bad as they could have with some of the stupid things I did.  I think how lucky I am for having had the experiences I had.  I think how lucky I am that I got out of a bad marriage and went on to marry the most wonderful man.

I wouldn't change a thing from my past, though.  Every step I have made, every mistake I made led me to where I am now. 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:55 AM

Sometimes. Its good to remember where you came from and what you went through to get where you are. It helps to recreate past successes as well as avoid past mistakes. 

I do believe changing one little thing could have a snowball effect that would change where I currently am, and I would not want that changed. 

mickstinator
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:04 AM

I do often. Since I had a child at 18, I have frequently wondered what life would have been like if I was more responsible back then. I am so happy with my life and so in love with my family, but it has been a long, hard road with more steps ahead of us. I would never encourage someone to be as willfully ignorant about life as I was. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mickstinator:

I do often. Since I had a child at 18, I have frequently wondered what life would have been like if I was more responsible back then. I am so happy with my life and so in love with my family, but it has been a long, hard road with more steps ahead of us. I would never encourage someone to be as willfully ignorant about life as I was. 

well said! I was 19 when I had dd. I got married right away, and was divorced by 22. I have had bad relationships ever since then. I do wish I hadn't wasted time with losers because maybe I would have someone special right now, but otherwise life is pretty good.

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:00 PM
All the time. But I wouldn't change anything. Everything happens for a reason. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MansfieldMama
by Angela on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I think about the past from time to time, but I wouldn't change anything.  The journey has made me who I am, and I love where it has taken me.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I think about it from time to time, but never dwell on it.  It's all got me to where I am.  I believe in reflecting on it and absorbing it and learning from it and then letting it go so that the past does not control my future.

M4LG5
by Valeri on Oct. 11, 2012 at 12:55 PM

YES!  There is one "what if" and I do think of him.  He is a friend now but never really gave us a chance to have more than a friendship because we lived too far away.  I wished I did at least try for a year. 

I also think that had I broke up with my boyfriend that I had in high school and college (i was with him for 6 years), I probably would have had that relationships with guy above since we were attending the same school at the time.

strongerwtime
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM

yeah , mainly my children's fathers.....I would change some things...but mainly take heed to all the warning signs! Could have seved myself some of the heartbreak.  I dont have regrets about breaking it off...I do have regrets that I didnt leave sooner though lol...time wasted....I dont have a desire to get back with either of them.  They are still who they are. So over it..lord knows.

flutter523
by Tracy on Oct. 11, 2012 at 5:43 PM
From time to time I think about exs and thank god they are exs! Lol. I do think about past friends and wish I could've kept in better contact. I miss having my friends around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN