Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your past.  Past boyfriends, past mistakes, past friends. 

Do you think anything would be different if you went back and changed one little thing? 

Do you want anything to change?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Replies (11-20):
Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Everyone thought I was going to marry the guy I dated on and off all during high school. And he probably could have had a chance if i hadn't met my husband. I do sometimes think how different my life would have been if I would have made different choices, but the alternate future I imagine doesn't seem fufilling at all.

Babujai
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:01 PM

I believe DH is my soul-mate and who GOD intended for me.  I think if I had done things differently, I still would have ended up with him, just by a different path.  That doesn't mean I don't think about my past friendships, enemies, and decisions and wonder what if.  I do and I wonder what those "other paths" would have looked like and what kind of person I'd have been after those journeys.

christaberk
by Christa on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Hmmmmmmm. I'm glad my life worked out like it did, but I do wonder what if, sometimes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 7:49 PM
I do sometimes. I had ds when I was 17, so I often wonder what if. I honestly know it was the best thing to happen to me. I honestly don't think I would have went to college if I didn't get pregnant. I wouldn't change anything because it all made me who I am now.
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Used to. Not very much now. I don't have the extra energy to spend on what ifs and regrets.
Bluerivergirl
by New Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM

Interesting question.  I travel to the past to heal old wounds but that's about it.  I recently was umm... ok dumped by a man who I was deeply in love with and thought I would spend the rest of my life with.  It was devastating.  At first I would look back at all the amazing times with sadness and regret and ask myself, "when am I ever going to find anything this intense or beautiful again?" but now I go back to ask myself " what signs  could I have payed attention to early that would have shown that he wasn't mature enough to deal with my son?  .  Thereby avoiding much much pain for both my son and I. 

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 12, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I do sometimes but the only thing I would change is trying to meet dh sooner.

aggiemom99
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

Amen, I had exactly the same situation.  We were also engaged for a year in college before he was finally smart enough to call it off.  I don't think I ever would have done it, but I am so grateful he did, because I know now, after being married for 10 years, he and I would not have made a good long-term pair as adults.  I don't regret dating him in high school, because I think I had a happier high school experience than some of my friends, never having to worry about who I would go to prom or homecoming with, etc., but I do think it would have been better for us to break up when I went away to college and he stayed at the community college for anoher year.

Quoting M4LG5:

YES!  There is one "what if" and I do think of him.  He is a friend now but never really gave us a chance to have more than a friendship because we lived too far away.  I wished I did at least try for a year. 

I also think that had I broke up with my boyfriend that I had in high school and college (i was with him for 6 years), I probably would have had that relationships with guy above since we were attending the same school at the time.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Rarely do I think about my past relationships. Today I put on a silver necklace from an old fiance and I thought, "I hope he is happy."

I believe in the ripple effect, and yes even changing one little thing would change my life now, and I do not think I would want that, overall I am very happy.

yinyang6788
by Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM

yes i think about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)