Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Birthday Gifts

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM
  • 14 Replies

Any ideas for a 26 year old stepdaughter?  I am thinking a gift certificate to a spa/salon.  She has 2 kids, so a little pampering may be appreciated.  Any other ideas?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mickstinator
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:08 AM

That sounds like a good gift to me. I know I like gift cards to stores I wish I could buy at, but never have the time and feel guilty for spending the money. 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:14 AM

Sounds good to me. My dad just hands us a $100 every year for Christmas and nothing for our B-days.

Mommy_0f_many
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM

amazon gift card would also be good. sometimes you don't get a lot for your money with a spa gc. I got a $50 one for Christmas and after calling all the local spas that accept the spafinder gift card all i could get is either a mani/pedi and pay an additional $10 + tip or a 30 min massage and maybe a small treatment + tip. just something to keep in mind.

ninamsi
by Bronze Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:27 AM

What does she like?  Give her a gift card/certificate to a store or restaurant that she likes.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Target gift card

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I'm thinking a certificate for like a package, etc.  It's a local spa that is close to her, so I would get it direct.

Quoting Mommy_0f_many:

amazon gift card would also be good. sometimes you don't get a lot for your money with a spa gc. I got a $50 one for Christmas and after calling all the local spas that accept the spafinder gift card all i could get is either a mani/pedi and pay an additional $10 + tip or a 30 min massage and maybe a small treatment + tip. just something to keep in mind.

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:54 AM

So DH's suggestion is a stroller (just bought her one) $40 (cause she is always asking for $40) and vicodan (since she always asks for those, too).  Then suggested flowers and a starbucks giftcard. 

Mommy_0f_many
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 11:56 AM

oh well that's different! :) Also consider how much the tip should be.

Quoting deccaf:

I'm thinking a certificate for like a package, etc.  It's a local spa that is close to her, so I would get it direct.

Quoting Mommy_0f_many:

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:28 PM
I think that's a great gift. You could also get a gc to her favorite restaurant or store.
jurnee14
by Member on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:47 PM

my daughter is just a yr older with 2 little ones, and she would love that. She also loves gift cards to starbucks, and restaurants she wouldnt take the kids to. I got her a spa package a few yrs ago, and made sure that I let her know I would babysit if need be on spa day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN