Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

e-readers

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • 22 Replies
I am thinking about getting an e-reader....do you have one? Do you use it? What do you recommend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM
I don't. I borrowed my mom's & it was OK, but I won't spend the money on it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:26 PM
I have the kindle and the kindle fire. I love them both!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM
Do you like one better? Why?

Quoting deccaf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 10:34 PM
For outside reading, the kindle due to the no glare screen. For all else, the fire because its like a little tablet.

Quoting Loveplusmama:

Do you like one better? Why?

Quoting deccaf:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adamsmom0116
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:01 PM
I have the nookcolor. Loveit! I use it for reading and internet but it also has games and apps that I really dont use much. My mom has one too and we share books back and forth.
BelindaDuvessa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 12, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I have a regular, plain jane Kindle.  I bought it for read purposes, not to surf the web.  I have a huge collection of ebooks to read on it, so I will be set for a while.  It's small and portable.  The screen doesn't hurt my eyes and I can use it outside.  I love it.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM
We have the kindle fire. It is ok, I do not have time to use all that much simply because i have no time. I use my iPad for textbooks more frequently, because it has other functions, however it has no where near the selection of leisure books.
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 13, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I just got my Kindle Fire yesterday and so far it's great!

BrennaLyons
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 2:25 AM

Nook. It's all a matter of personal likes and dislikes, though. Some people like the Kindle better than Nook. Some prefer iPad. Like I said, I prefer Nook.

I like the way ePubs display a lot better than PRC or Mobi, and since I make them for a living, I've had to try out several readers on the files, so I have several in the house (of different types) that belong to various household members. In addition to the fact that you can purchase online with the Nook tablet, as you can do with Kindle, you can expand the Nook's memory (which you cannot do on Kindle) and you can turn the Nook into an Android tablet with Android apps for about $30 and a micro-SD card (a temporary change that doesn't invalidate your Nook agreement since it's a program loaded on the card and not changes to the Nook itself...in comparison to Kindle, which can only be made into an Android by way of a permanent change that invalidates the agreement). And if you have already purchased Kindle books, you can download the Kindle for Android app to the Android enabled Nook and connect it to your Amazon Kindle account to read your Kindle books on the Nook. Just my two cents, but I will take the Nook tablet any day!

twinplus2
by Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 6:17 AM

I have a nook, my husband has the kindle and we just got my daughter the google nexus. They all seem pretty much the same to me, but my daughter really is happy with the nexus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN