I hade a dream eerily similar to the new show Revolution (no electricity, internet, gas, water, etc.) except it was restricted to our area of the country & was storm related. But in the dream it was very real - as dreams tend to be.
Now that I'm awake I realize that if there ever WAS a big disaster we'd probably be dead in a week.
- no extra gas for the vehicles
- only one small propane tank for our camping stove
- no charcoal for our grill
- a lot of bottled water but it wouldn't really go far
- no real stockpile of food
- no access to cash as we only use our debit card & ATMs or credit card machines didn't work in the dream
- we do have wood for the fireplace for heat but as a full time heat source it wouldn't last that long
I'm not talking end of the world stuff, but we seriously aren't ready to survive a disaster. How about you?
on Oct. 13, 2012 at 6:17 AM