Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I just dried (on super dry heat, nonetheless) my son's bed spread, sheets, and every single stuffed animal...

WITH A RED CRAYON!

His favorite white tiger plushie now looks like he just made a kill.

Parent of the weekend award can go right here. Ugh! : (

by on Oct. 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:03 AM

Quoting deccaf:

DH loves leaving chapstick in his pockets.  I don't know how many things have been ruined in the dryer because of that stuff.  Try using GOOP on it.  If it's ruined anyway, it can't hurt to try.

I dried a cherry chapstick once in high school and I will forever be obsessed with checking pockets now lol

mickstinator
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Quoting rissarin:

Uh oh. Have you tried getting any of it out yet? Or is it a hopeless cause? :(

I ended up getting it out of the stuffed animals, thank goodness.

His bedding is still pretty bad. It's really only on the underside of his bed spread, which is blue and red plaid, so that's not a big deal. His sheets are pretty much done for, but I have so many sheet sets for the kids that it can just be a back-up one instead of his main one. 

The animals were my big concern. They were all pink with red splotches. I used half a bottle of oxyclean on them! haha.

mickstinator
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Quoting deccaf:

DH loves leaving chapstick in his pockets.  I don't know how many things have been ruined in the dryer because of that stuff.  Try using GOOP on it.  If it's ruined anyway, it can't hurt to try.

I've washed so many pens and permanent marker from my husband's pockets (he uses them a lot for work). Now I always check his work shirts to be sure. I knew Mitch had crayons on his bed, but I thought I got them all off. 

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Awesome! Good job. I think you deserve an award. ;)

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting rissarin:

His bedding is still pretty bad. It's really only on the underside of his bed spread, which is blue and red plaid, so that's not a big deal. His sheets are pretty much done for, but I have so many sheet sets for the kids that it can just be a back-up one instead of his main one. 

The animals were my big concern. They were all pink with red splotches. I used half a bottle of oxyclean on them! haha.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I have solved the problem (at least the ruining MY clothes or Stephs) by not washing his with ours.  He usually does his own, but he doesn't clear pockets.  I have fished out paper towels, chapstick, lighters, etc.

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting deccaf:

I've washed so many pens and permanent marker from my husband's pockets (he uses them a lot for work). Now I always check his work shirts to be sure. I knew Mitch had crayons on his bed, but I thought I got them all off. 

mickstinator
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha. I showed them to my son when I got them all cleaned and he was like, "Oh, thanks." Sure, all that hard work for naught! ; ) At least you appreciate me! lol.

Quoting rissarin:

Awesome! Good job. I think you deserve an award. ;)

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting rissarin:

mickstinator
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I usually wash his shirts with the towels just in case. haha! 

The wads of paper also surprise me. Men and their pockets!

Quoting deccaf:

I have solved the problem (at least the ruining MY clothes or Stephs) by not washing his with ours.  He usually does his own, but he doesn't clear pockets.  I have fished out paper towels, chapstick, lighters, etc.

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting deccaf:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't even want to know what the paper towels are for.  I can't imagine what gross stuff was on them before the wash.

Quoting mickstinator:

I usually wash his shirts with the towels just in case. haha! 

The wads of paper also surprise me. Men and their pockets!

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting deccaf:

levansbx
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM
This may sound weird, but did you try using wd40? It's known to get out all kinds of stains. I used it to get gum stains out of all our jeans and darks (of course) when a pack of gum melted all over our clothes in the dryer. It was like magic...seriously!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Quoting levansbx:

This may sound weird, but did you try using wd40? It's known to get out all kinds of stains. I used it to get gum stains out of all our jeans and darks (of course) when a pack of gum melted all over our clothes in the dryer. It was like magic...seriously!

I actually did! It helped get the extra red wax out of my dryer. I read it online. I had no idea before that it was a help. So random and weird!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN