Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Have you...

Posted by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:09 AM
  • 16 Replies
Ever lived completely alone? Talking with my son brought this topic up & I realized I've never lived alone.

- Lived with my family from birth to 18
- Lived in a dorm with roomate 18-19
- Lived in sorority house 19-22
- Lived back at home with parents after college while trying to find my first 'real' job 22-23
- Got married and lived with hubby & kids 23-Present (40)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM
I have not! That's kind of an eye opener.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BelindaDuvessa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

No

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:16 AM

No.  

andrea96
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM

No, I have not. Although, one summer in college, one of my roommates stayed with her boyfriend all of the time and the other went home to work for the summer, so I felt like I was living alone for a few months.

levansbx
by Bronze Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM
Yeah...senior year of college I had an apartment (one bedroom efficiency) by myself. I LOVED IT!! I moved back home after graduation then moved in with dh and got married. So I only lived alone for about 9 months, but I had the time of my life! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM
I lied. I lived on my own for about 2-3 months. Which is nothing, really. Ha.

Quoting rissarin:

I have not! That's kind of an eye opener.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I have for a couple months. I lived with my parents until 18, then stayed with my aunt until I went to college. I lived for about 4 months on my own before moving in with an ex. When I moved from MN to TX I stayed with my mom for a year (they moved back to MN) and then "lived" with my brother for a couple months. He never actually stayed at the apartment since he was always at his gf's (now wife) place. Then my dh moved in and we've been together ever since. I think all together I've stayed by myself under a year.

suebee3
by on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:38 AM

no

Mireya926
by Mire on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Yeah I DID! I live alone for 3 years. I was 24 had my own place. Loved it. Mom and sister came to visit for the holidays. Then my son came along and had to move in with his dad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deccaf
by Platinum Member on Oct. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM

I never lived by myself.  I always had a roommate, or spouse!  There were periods where I had the place to myself for long periods (like in the barracks when I had no roommate since she went AWOL).  I never really realized that until this post.  Hmmmm.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)