Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Dreading tomorrow :-/

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM
  • 5 Replies
I'm a new mom my ds was born sept. 12th. Tomorrow is my first day back at work. I really don't want to go back at all. I feel lucky that he is able to stay home with dh while I'm at work and not in daycare. I know he'll be fine but I feel awful leaving him. Any advice on how to deal?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 12:51 AM

knowing he is with family should help a great deal than being with a stranger at daycare.  Maybe a call during your break to check up on things and pumping to make sure he still got your liquid gold.

BelindaDuvessa
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 6:14 AM

My little ones stay with dh as well.  It helps to call when I have the chance.  DH gets mad when I do that sometimes, because he thinks that I don't trust that he can take care of the kiddos without me.  I had to sit him down and explain that it's a mother's worry to always check on her kiddos...it has nothing to do with him.

LuvnMyCrew3
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM

How long did you have to be off? That seems soon =/ Sorry!

rissarin
by Gold Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Aw, good luck!! It's always tough for mommies to leave their babies behind to go back to work. But it should make it a lot easier knowing he's with someone you know, love and trust. :)
Maybe shoot DH a text or call him later on. That always seems to put the mind at ease a little.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nighttiger
by Ashley on Oct. 29, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Its tough to leave at that 6 week mark. DH stayed home with DS when I went back to work at 6 weeks. Its definitely easier knowing that your LO is with someone you trust.  To make it easier, can DH text you some videos during the day? I love it when I get little videos of how their day is going. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)