Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

My boss is pregnant

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM
  • 12 Replies
My boss, who gave me such a ration of crap when I told her I was pregnant earlier this year, called last night to congratulate me on my new little guy (born on Halloween) and tell me she is 18 wks pregnant with twins. The whole office had been speculating for weeks now and so far I'm the only one she has told and doesn't plan to tell anyone else for a couple weeks. Ugh I hate keeping secrets like that but I will because it's not my news to tell and I'd be pissed if someone broke my confidence like that. Hopefully this experience will give her a better perspective of work life balance and relieve some of her high expectations of me. Not that I can't meet them but less stress is always a good thing!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:13 AM
So true, it helps to gain perspective.

Congratulations on the new one!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
givenshl
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Congrats on your new baby boy...Halloween baby, that is so cool.

trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 15, 2012 at 8:40 AM

Congrats on your new baby.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:18 AM

congrats on your new little guy!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Good luck.  Be prepared to hear a lot of whining. Since you have recently been through a pregnancy, she may want your sympathy.

Holland04
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Wow she must really be able to carry her weight. I was already showing at 18 weeks with DS and it was a single birth. 

ColeAreeaJet
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I havent seen her in two weeks so no clue what she looks like today but she was definitely showing before I had my baby.   No one had the guts to ask her though 

Quoting Holland04:

Wow she must really be able to carry her weight. I was already showing at 18 weeks with DS and it was a single birth. 

ColeAreeaJet
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Ugh I hope not  I had to bite my tongue my entire pregnancy because she had made it very clear that it was a "personal matter"    Even my doctors appointments werent included on the calendar (even though hers were)

Quoting deccaf:

Good luck.  Be prepared to hear a lot of whining. Since you have recently been through a pregnancy, she may want your sympathy.

ColeAreeaJet
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Thanks!  He barely made it - born at 12:12am

Quoting givenshl:

Congrats on your new baby boy...Halloween baby, that is so cool.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Congratz on the new baby. Twins will definitely put life into perspective for her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN