Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

I have got to stop...

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM
  • 24 Replies

Eating my whole lunch before 1030! 

I've been trying to bring a healthier lunch of little snacks like sun chips and broccoli and greek yogurt. I just keep eating it all before lunch is even here! I'm dying by 4 with the munchies! 

I'm eying my banana, but since I already ate my chips and yogurt and it's only 9:45, I think I'll wait until at least 11 to start on it. haha!

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Do you eat breakfast?  Usually oatmeal keeps me full.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:47 AM

Quoting M4LG5:

Do you eat breakfast?  Usually oatmeal keeps me full.

that's what gets me! i usually like to eat the yogurt for breakfast and then i just keep going with the rest of my lunch. ha.

i used to eat breakfast at home/on the way in. i can't eat yogurt in the car, so i wait longer to eat. i think that's where my problem lies. 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I do the same thing!  Maybe bring more.  The broccoli should be more filling, so bring more of that, and some other fiber-rich foods.  Like carrots, etc.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Quoting deccaf:

I do the same thing!  Maybe bring more.  The broccoli should be more filling, so bring more of that, and some other fiber-rich foods.  Like carrots, etc.

i think i'm going to start buying more. i have been rationing it throughout the week so it doesn't run out. apparently i like it more than i realized. ; )

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Boiled eggs can be made the night before and eaten in the car if you peel them at home.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Quoting deccaf:

Boiled eggs can be made the night before and eaten in the car if you peel them at home.

i forgot about boiled eggs! i used to bring those pretty regularly, too. thanks for the reminder! definitely going to boil some up.

Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM
Ahh, it is hard being hungry!

I just bring 4-5 tiny snacks and eat like every 3 hours.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Try to eat breakfast...maybe even a little something at home shortly after you wake up because you may be waiting too long to eat.

Also, bring more protein-packed snacks.  Hard-boiled eggs, peanute butter, oatmeal, etc...all are quick and easy and portable and can help stave off the munchies.

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:17 AM

LOL!

M4LG5
by Valeri on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:20 AM

I'm able to eat at my desk.  I like eating my oatmeal while I'm checking CM and my email. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN