Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Eating my whole lunch before 1030! 

I've been trying to bring a healthier lunch of little snacks like sun chips and broccoli and greek yogurt. I just keep eating it all before lunch is even here! I'm dying by 4 with the munchies! 

I'm eying my banana, but since I already ate my chips and yogurt and it's only 9:45, I think I'll wait until at least 11 to start on it. haha!

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
trfgirl56701
by Melissa on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

I usually grab a couple kolaches or a sausage, egg and cheese bagel for breakfast and there are some days that I feel like I'm starving 2 hours later lol. I usually have something to snack on in my bag (coworkers kept stealing my snacks out of my drawer)

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Lol I do that too! I just ate three mandarin oranges and a handful of pistachios and I'm wondering what I can eat next! I forgot my yogurt :-(

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 15, 2012 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I totally understand. I take in most of my calories by around noon and then don't eat much in the afternoon. Sometimes late snack cravings hit, but for the most part my body is used to it. Carrots help..or anything high fiber.

mattsmate
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM
I eat on the way in.... Fiber one bar and either cheese or a hard boiled egg. Then around 9 or 10, I have a banana or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Junip1977
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM

This happens to me all the time.  I bring a bunch of healthy snacks, like an apple, some strawberries, a cheese wedge, some pretzels, etc...but then I too have eaten everything by 11 and I don't go to lunch until 2. 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I just had a piece of Harvest pie for breakfast.  Not the healthiest, but once a year, okay.  Plus, it counts as a veggie, right?  Pumpkin pie with pumpkin mousse on top!!

mickstinator
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 1:57 PM

Quoting deccaf:

Well, I just had a piece of Harvest pie for breakfast.  Not the healthiest, but once a year, okay.  Plus, it counts as a veggie, right?  Pumpkin pie with pumpkin mousse on top!!

getinmymouth! that sounds delish!

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Yeah, pretty yummy.  They sell them at Coco's, which is like a slightly fancier Denny's.

Quoting mickstinator:

Quoting deccaf:

getinmymouth! that sounds delish!

lnk8522
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM
try and eat at least a breakfast bar for bfast, if you're rushed, that or a Gogurt are travel friendly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:25 PM

I agree with the other ladies, bring foods that will fill you up. Also, keep things like whole wheat crackers or cereal bars in your desk as a just in case snack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)