Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Lasik

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 17 Replies

Anyone here have Lasik?  I have been told in the past that I am not a candidate due to the severity of my astigmatism.  I am curious if anyone has had it and if it is worth it to schedule a consult to see if technology has improved.

by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I have!  I got it done almost 5 years ago and it was the best thing ever!  It was less than 30 seconds per eye and I didn't feel a thing and by day 3, I had better than 20/20 vision.

I would go for the consult.  The worst they can say is that you are not a candidate, but you won't know unless you go. 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:01 AM

How many days to recover?  Any limitations or restrictions that I need to know?

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I have!  I got it done almost 5 years ago and it was the best thing ever!  It was less than 30 seconds per eye and I didn't feel a thing and by day 3, I had better than 20/20 vision.

I would go for the consult.  The worst they can say is that you are not a candidate, but you won't know unless you go. 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:04 AM

You will need to have someone with you the day of the surgery to drive you home.

You'll need to keep your eyes closed as much as possible for about 24 hours because our eyes heal and rest when they are closed.  So, it's a great time to catch up on sleep!

No driving immediately because you won't have full vision yet, but you will definitely see an improvement right away.

Most actually go back to work the next day, but I took the extra day off "just because."  By the time I went back to work, I completely forgot about glasses and was able to see clearer than I can remember in a long time.  I now have better than 20/20 vision.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Cafe Jenn
by Head Admin on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:07 AM

That sounds so sweet. The glasses/contact things get so old. 

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

You will need to have someone with you the day of the surgery to drive you home.

You'll need to keep your eyes closed as much as possible for about 24 hours because our eyes heal and rest when they are closed.  So, it's a great time to catch up on sleep!

No driving immediately because you won't have full vision yet, but you will definitely see an improvement right away.

Most actually go back to work the next day, but I took the extra day off "just because."  By the time I went back to work, I completely forgot about glasses and was able to see clearer than I can remember in a long time.  I now have better than 20/20 vision.

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I had contemplated it for a long time because I had been wearing glasses since the 6th grade.  We're all really active though and the glasses were a nuisance and I wore contacts for a long time and it eventually screwed up my eyes since I work in front of a computer. 

It's nice to wake up in the morning and actually be able to see the time on the clock across the room.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I had a consult and I qualify, but I can't justify the cost.

mickstinator
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:23 AM

I have been told the same thing. I was told at my last eye appointment that the ideal candidate has eyes in the 2-6 range for the prescription and none to only mild astigmatism. 

Holland04
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:35 AM

I had it almost a year ago and I LOOOOOVE it. I had a severe astigmatism on my left eye and they were able to (barely) correct my vision from -8.75 prescription to seeing better than 20/20. 

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Thanks, it's always good to know what to expect.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

deccaf
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Yeah, DH got me a clock that projects numbers that are HUGE on the ceiling.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

I had contemplated it for a long time because I had been wearing glasses since the 6th grade.  We're all really active though and the glasses were a nuisance and I wore contacts for a long time and it eventually screwed up my eyes since I work in front of a computer. 

It's nice to wake up in the morning and actually be able to see the time on the clock across the room.

Quoting Cafe Jenn:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Quoting deccaf:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)