Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Lunch time grocery shop

Posted by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM
  • 9 Replies
I'm going to be starting new hours at work. Instead of working 8-330 with 1/2 hr lunch ill be working 9-5 with 1 hr lunch (not exactly thrilled about it as it throws off everything with my daughter). I'm hoping to maximize my lunch hour by doing errands so I'm free for only family time on the weekend. I haven't quite figured out how to do my grocery shopping on my lunch break. Looking for tips. My office is close to the store I usually go to, but I do often go into the community to work (home visits) so finding a store isn't a problem. How will I keep refrigerated/frozen items cold enough to make it home?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Marti123
by Platinum Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM
Hmmm, frozen, would be really tough. My BIL has a really nice arctic freezer he takes camping but just not sure, here's a bump for you.
kikibix
by Member on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:08 PM

I only shop for non perishables and when the weather is cool enough fruits and veggies. 

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 15, 2012 at 10:30 PM

A cooler in your trunk with ice? I've never bought perishables during my lunch hour. 

jamberrypie
by Betty on Nov. 16, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I do grocery shopping during lunch time too, but I only buy non-perishable, non-freezer, non-refrigerated stuff because of the same issue that you raise. 

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I sometimes do that but only buy non-perishables and things that do not need to be refrigerated or frozen.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Most of my local stores have the reuseable shopping bags that have cooler materials inside and zip up. That was one thing I did have about having an hour lunch was being able to go and get errands run and such.

cjsmom1
by Platinum Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:43 PM

bump

flutter523
by Tracy on Nov. 18, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Maybe a cooler with ice. Would it possible to drop off perishables at home in the freezer quick?
WithHope
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Is there a fridge at work you can store them in?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN