Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working Moms Working Moms

Let's do a post to get to know each other a little bit. 

Tell me 10 interesting facts about you! 

Michaela
Wife to Mike
Mommy to Mitchell and Brody

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
the3Rs
by Platinum Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Wow - I don't know if I can come up with 10 interesting things confused

1. I'm adopted - along with my brother and both cousins though none of us came from the same biological family
  2. I can turn my left wrist completely around 360 degrees
  3. My fingers are all double jointed which is how I got into music - doctor told my mom playing piano would strenghthen them and make them go in the right direction.
  4. I play every instrument of the concert band - and auditioned for the Chicago Symphony on flute/picc (but didn't make it)
  5. I'm a PK (Preacher's Kid)
  6. I'm the only person in my family (parents, brother, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents, great-grandparents) with brown eyes
  7. I believe my house is haunted (or maybe I'M haunted?)
  8. I'm very 'crooked' - had braces twice and my teeth are still crooked, fingers are crooked, have scoliosis and wore a Milwaukee Brace from 5th-8th grade - and my spine is still crooked
  9. I was in a sorority in college
  10. I've only been married once (for 17 years) but I've had 3 marriage proposals

Not sure any of that is interesting but it's the best I could do, LOL

Bubbie0809
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 6:31 PM

1. I have 2 kids and 4 (adult) step kids

2. I hate to clean

3. I could read books all the time, I love words

4. I have a horrible temper, but have learned to control it.

5. I talk to my mother on the phone every day.

6. I love drinks -  any kind of fruity expensive smoothie or anything like that.

7. I wish I had a hobby - but I can't focus on anything long enough

8. I have 3 brothers but I always wanted a sister

9. My favorite TV show is NCIS -  I could watch it all day.

10. I have been called a hippie my entire life, but not sure I agree.

Nighttiger
by Ashley on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:09 PM

1. I entered my career field with the desire to build roller coasters. I'm still working on that one but I did get to work with jets for awhile (roller coasters without tracks).

2. I'm a soft atheist and I believe everyone should take care of everyone else because we are all in this world together.

3. I bite my hang nails as a nervous or bored habit. DH hates it.

4. I didn't get my DL until 17 because I refused to drive the car my dad let my sister drive. Once I agreed to get my DL, that car broke and I got a replacement 2 weeks after I got my DL.

5. DH and I both suffer from abandonment issues. I lost my mother to cancer at age 11 and DH's dad walked out on them when he was 5.

6. I was not only in, but VP of the engineer national honors society in college, but my graduating GPA was only 3.0. To get in, you have to be a Junior or Senior with at least a 3.8 GPA in engineering.

7. I can't stand wasting money. Even for gifts for others. I would rather buy someone 10 used books than 1 new one. I physically hurts me to do so.

8. When the boss is gone, the other engineer and I will sneak out and hold a meeting on the golf course.

9. I have to use an ergonomic keyboard at work and home.

10. As much as I wished at the time that DH and I could have a "real" wedding, I'm glad we didn't waste the money. It's only been 4 years and it feels like a lifetime ago. Memories fade way too fast!

WithHope
by Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 7:34 PM
1. I never sneeze just once.
2. I'm indecisive as can be. My daughter was 2 days old before I had a name for her.
3. I love breakfast and have been known to eat it for all 3 meals.
4. Before becoming pregnant I did not want to be a mom. I was never bitter about it, it just never struck me as something I'd do.
5. I married my husband 6 months from the day I met him.
6. I love To Kill a Mockingbird and as such was probably the only high school student to enjoy English class.
7. I've known my best friend 24 years. Collectively we've lived in 13 states and 2 countries, but we've never lost touch. We now live less than 15 minutes away.
8. Somedays I leave my phone at home just not to have it.
9. My kids have never stayed with a babysitter who wasn't family or my best friend.
10. I hate sports but love the Cubs and Wrigley field.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:24 PM

1. I can't leave my house without my chaptstick in my pocket. If I don't have it I panic

2. I stalk the guys from the show Deadliest Catch. I've met most of them at least once at various events in Washington and Oregon

3. I have 2 goats, 2 ducks, 4 chickens, 1 dog, 3 cats, 1 leopard gecko, and a turtle

4. I LOVE to read, and I am beyond excited that I've been hooked up with a publishing group who sends me books to read as long as I review them.

5. I love Phineas & Ferb and have a nice collection of all things Phineas, Ferb, and Perry the Platypus

6. I chew off my cuticles if I'm bored or anxious

7. I could eat mac and cheese every day

8. I worked at a scented candle manufacturer for a few years and have bins of candles, but I NEVER burn them anymore because I'm in love with my Scentsy burner

9. My knees can't touch when I fall asleep so I have to sleep with the blankets or a pillow to seperate them

10. I make lists.

Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 9:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish I had a hobby too!!!

Quoting Bubbie0809:

1. I have 2 kids and 4 (adult) step kids

2. I hate to clean

3. I could read books all the time, I love words

4. I have a horrible temper, but have learned to control it.

5. I talk to my mother on the phone every day.

6. I love drinks -  any kind of fruity expensive smoothie or anything like that.

7. I wish I had a hobby - but I can't focus on anything long enough

8. I have 3 brothers but I always wanted a sister

9. My favorite TV show is NCIS -  I could watch it all day.

10. I have been called a hippie my entire life, but not sure I agree.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loveplusmama
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1. I believe I was meant to be a mom of boys.

2. My favorite color is red.

3. I am more like my mom than I care to admit. I definitely have her love of jewelry.

4. I feel I have lost touch with things that define me -fitness, singing, and choral music.

5. I am stressed out a lot.

6. My first and only dog so far is a pit bull mix. She is my first baby. Sleeps on the couch and in my bed.

7. My favorite movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

8. I obtained a Spanish minor in college but didn't keep up with it. I regret that a bit.

9. My favorite dessert is icecream. I can do without the others.

10. I love sunshine and warm weather. I could do without winter!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babs32
by Member on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
1. I am an Army burn nurse
2. I love to cook
3. I have a paralyzing fear of birds
4. I love playing The Sims computer and video games
5. I do most of the repairs on my car
6. I can be the world's nicest person, I can also be the most evil when provoked.
7. My kids think I'm awesome.
8. I have OCD
9. I am allergic to shellfish, but eat it anyway
10. I read the Fifty Shades series 3 times (lol)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mickstinator
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I am a lot more like my mom than I care to admit, too! Mostly good ways, though. : )

Quoting Loveplusmama:

1. I believe I was meant to be a mom of boys.

2. My favorite color is red.

3. I am more like my mom than I care to admit. I definitely have her love of jewelry.

4. I feel I have lost touch with things that define me -fitness, singing, and choral music.

5. I am stressed out a lot.

6. My first and only dog so far is a pit bull mix. She is my first baby. Sleeps on the couch and in my bed.

7. My favorite movie is Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

8. I obtained a Spanish minor in college but didn't keep up with it. I regret that a bit.

9. My favorite dessert is icecream. I can do without the others.

10. I love sunshine and warm weather. I could do without winter!!

mickstinator
by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I always loved English class! : ) I'm a bookworm and word lover!

Quoting WithHope:

1. I never sneeze just once.
2. I'm indecisive as can be. My daughter was 2 days old before I had a name for her.
3. I love breakfast and have been known to eat it for all 3 meals.
4. Before becoming pregnant I did not want to be a mom. I was never bitter about it, it just never struck me as something I'd do.
5. I married my husband 6 months from the day I met him.
6. I love To Kill a Mockingbird and as such was probably the only high school student to enjoy English class.
7. I've known my best friend 24 years. Collectively we've lived in 13 states and 2 countries, but we've never lost touch. We now live less than 15 minutes away.
8. Somedays I leave my phone at home just not to have it.
9. My kids have never stayed with a babysitter who wasn't family or my best friend.
10. I hate sports but love the Cubs and Wrigley field.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)